Low Internet Bandwidth

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Low Internet Bandwidth

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Low Internet Bandwidth
Low Internet Bandwidth
2021-03-16 21:00:40
Model: TL-WR841N  
Hardware Version: V14
Firmware Version:

I have a modem router from my ISP provider and the speed is: 2.4Ghz(ssid) D:53Mbps U:10Mbps & 5Ghz(ssid): D:101Mbps U:10Mbps.

From my modem router and with utp cable (cat5) i've connected an Access Point (TL-WR841N(TPD) ver.14.1) in wan port behind the AP and the internet speed is: D:46Mbps UP:0.03Mbps.

Could anyone help to solve the above internet problem (upload is tragic) on my Access Point? Should i have to buy another model?

Thanks in advance

Options
3 Reply
Re:Low Internet Bandwidth
2021-03-17 06:43:04

@George.Saxi 

What if you try to change the WR841N into AP mode manually as this? Will it improve the speed?

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1384/ (Case 2)

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-17 06:57:31

@Kevin_Z the mode of WR841N is AP with static ip and dhcp disable. With the same settings before the vdsl (current status) when I had adsl it was OK. 

Options
2021-03-18 01:38:38

@George.Saxi 

It is suggested to reset it to factory defaults as this, then reconfigure it into an access point.

Meanwhile, please check what is the download and upload you can get when you connect a PC to the WR841N with an Ethernet cable. If that is normal, you can then modify the wireless settings, such as channel, channel width, and security, you may change the security to WPA2-PSK, AES, then reboot the WR841N to confirm.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 334

Replies: 3

Related Articles