Deco App - How do Parental controls work ?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-17 10:32:32 - last edited 2021-03-17 10:35:38
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I have already created a Profile that includes five devices.

I want these five devices to have Internet blocked from 10pm to 9am, every night. For this I had already created a 'Time control >> Bedtime >> From 22:00 Until 09:00. 

But this doesn't seem to work. As a workaround,  every night at 10pm, I am now manually 'pause the internet' for the profile. And 'unpause' the internet every morning at 9am.  

I need to understand how is this time control supposed to work i.e. does it need the 'Internet paused' to start working during the times specified ?

- If it does need manual 'internet pause' - then I see no point in this feature - because a user will always have to manually start + stop the internet..right ?! 

- If it doesn't then how do I ensure that this is automated - every night - without me logging onto Deco and 'pausing the internet' ? this is exactly what I need.

Regards

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco App - How do Parental controls work ?
2021-03-18 02:04:27

@timtapel 

Thanks for your feedback.

Were you able to reproduce the same issue about bedtime on all the devices under the parental control profile?

Sometimes, the DNS caches would still make the current browsing last a while so if possible, please try to clear the browsing history and test again;

If it is still the same, could you please log into the web UI via http://tplinkdeco.net >advanced>system>system time to confirm it is on the correct time in case of the daylight saving time issue;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 461

Replies: 1

Related Articles