Deco slave keeps turning off

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-17 13:23:41
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Hi all! From a month ago my Deco X20 slave keeps turning off from time to time. If a remove it from wall outlet and conect again, it turns on. After a few hours it turns off again! It never did it before! What could it be!? Thanks in advance for any help! 

Options
8 Reply
Re:Deco slave keeps turning off
2021-03-18 01:09:18

@AlexNajar74 

Hi, Did you mean the LED light on the slave Deco would turn off randomly, right?

When it turned off, would it come back on later, or it would remain off and need a hardware reboot?

May I know how long have you had the Deco unit and is there any change recently, like a firmware upgrade?

Have you tried to factory reset this Deco and check whether the issue still here?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-18 03:58:56

@TP-Link thanks for answering! Actually when led is off is the same as the Deco was turned off! I need to remove it from outlet and plug it back. Then it turns on again. Nothing different was done. I have my Deco kit from almost one year.

What I have tried a few hours ago was to reboot both Decos (master and slave) and until now the slave Deco did not turned off! I hope that rebooting both should have solved the problem. Let's see! 

Options
2021-03-21 13:52:04

Ok Guys, my problem continues! What I saw now is that before my slave Deco turns off its led starts blinking all colors. I think now it is a hardware problem sad.  Or am I wrong!? Thanks in advance for any help!

Options
2021-03-22 01:42:04

@AlexNajar74 

Hi, Thanks for your update.

Was it possible to record a video clip about this issue?

Options
2021-03-22 02:39:17

@TP-Link I will try. Because I don't know when it will occur. What I see is a lot of strange behavior:

Led lights start blinking all colors and then it turns off (same as unplugged) 

Led still green but at the app slave Deco is offline. No wifi signal. 

Led blinks red and then goes green again. At this period, no wifi signal. 

All this behavior occurs randomly.

The signal between decos is two bars at the app. It seems good.

All this starts a week ago. I was using them for six months without any issues! I see a new firmware for them at tp-link site, but through the app it says all is up to date.

Options
2021-03-22 07:16:16

@AlexNajar74 

Thanks for your update.

And the firmware upgrade is applied in sequence to the correct devices during the release process.

So some customers might not be able to detect the firmware in the first place and you could try to manually download the suitable firmware and upload it to the Deco via the web interface:

Options
2021-03-22 19:16:49

@TP-Link here is a link to the video you have requested about led blinking in all colours! Thank you!

https://1drv.ms/v/s!Amb46-Qbv8D26muCC0eb5kRgvjXg?e=wK2b3L

Options
2021-03-23 02:34:21

@AlexNajar74 

Thanks a lot for your kind reply.

After checking with the engineers, I am afraid that this unit is defective and please feel free to contact the local shop retailer to get it replaced;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 5

Views: 2391

Replies: 8

Related Articles