Can't completely connect to router phones has limited internet access, laptops can't connect too.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Can't completely connect to router phones has limited internet access, laptops can't connect too.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-18 07:34:17 - last edited 2021-12-06 02:08:19
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.0 Build 201022 Rel.53112n(4555)

Hello I have a issue: with Wi-Fi on both connections 
2.4 GHz and 5 GHz connections: 
Laptops and mobile phones can't connect normally (it says connection is available but when I was connecting to my router from mobile phone it says no internet "limited access" also when I open any app as an example I opened chrome and everything works fine but still pop-up's saying no internet connection).
Laptops can't connect at all even if the internet is available and passwords are correct.

it seems I bought a not fully finished router, and I'm afraid to update firmware because no one knows what can happen maybe things will go even worse.

Please Help

sorry for my bad English ;(

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't completely connect to router phones has limited internet access, laptops can't connect too.-Solution
2021-12-05 19:59:55 - last edited 2021-12-06 02:08:19

@Kevin_Z Sorry for very late answer, I solved by entering MAC adress from old router, and everything went fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
3 Reply
Re:Can't completely connect to router phones has limited internet access, laptops can't connect too.
2021-03-19 08:33:05

@Psychonaut 

Is the Internet LED on the C80 green or orange? Do you have internet access when you connect the laptop to the C80 with an Ethernet cable? Please refer to the below troubleshooting guidance to confirm the settings then confirm:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

BTW, it is suggested to upgrade the router firmware to the latest, then confirm if the issue is fix.

Options
Re:Can't completely connect to router phones has limited internet access, laptops can't connect too.-Solution
2021-12-05 19:59:55 - last edited 2021-12-06 02:08:19

@Kevin_Z Sorry for very late answer, I solved by entering MAC adress from old router, and everything went fine.

Recommended Solution
Options
Re:Can't completely connect to router phones has limited internet access, laptops can't connect too.
2021-12-06 02:08:55

@Psychonaut 

Thank you for the update, and it's good to know you have figured it out.yes

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 621

Replies: 3

Related Articles