Deco App - Funny bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco App - Funny bug

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Deco App - Funny bug
Deco App - Funny bug
2021-03-18 16:05:17
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4

I have two Deco M4 with ethernet backhaul.

I have Deco App on iPhone.

Sometimes Deco App show that my iPhone is connected to main deco with ethernet cable.

Really funny.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco App - Funny bug
2021-03-19 00:55:05

@cesnek 

Hi, Thank you very much for your feedback.

Can I have some pictures which showed up the iPhone is connected to the main deco with Ethernet cable?

if possible, could you please go to Settings on the top left>Help>Contact US>Suggestions and add the App Log and save to us?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-22 13:38:23

@TP-Link 

Half the time Deco App show my iPhone is Offline.

Half the time Deco App show right status.

And sometimes show random message like in picture bellow - It is in Czech language and it means "Not available for this firmware" and another time it shows "By cable".

Options
2021-03-23 06:05:58 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:26:26

@cesnek 

Thank you very much for your reply.

Could you please also help me save the App log on the Deco E4:

Click settings on the top left>help>Contact Us> suggestions >add the APP log and send to us;

And I also noticed that there is a RE200 under your TP-link ID, did you give RE200 the same SSID as Deco?

By the way, the iPhone is the only device that had this issue right?

As for your current firmware 1.4.4, where did you get this firmware, and did it get updated automatically via Deco APP?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-23 16:15:04

@TP-Link 

- App log was send by DecoApp

- I am using RE200 only as Wifi receiver, repeater funkcionality is turn off.

- I dont remember if firmware was updated by Deco App, or it was alredy actual when I buy Deco.

- Iphones is only devices that roam often between Decos, status of fixed PCs is alway shown right in DecoApp

Options
2021-03-24 01:57:33

@cesnek 

Hi, thank you very much for your kind reply.

I got the App log and would like to forward your case to the senior engineers for further assistance.

And as for the RE200 as a Wi-Fi receiver, did you set it up as an access point? if yes, with the same SSID or not;

if not access point, did it still work on the repeater mode but with Wi-Fi off, only the Ethernet connection available?

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 613

Replies: 5

Related Articles