2nd Deco Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

2nd Deco Network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2nd Deco Network
2nd Deco Network
2021-03-21 06:06:01
Model: Deco X20  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi.

I hope someone can help me with my current setup.

I am planning to add another network using Deco x20 that should act as Access Point only. My issue is when setting up the Deco it automatically connect to the existing Deco.

Here is my Network:

Modem-Deco X20(192.168.20.1)-Firewall+Server(192.168.190.254)-Switch-New Deco X20(Set as AP only)

So technically the New Deco X20 should get the IP from the Firewall+Server. Now my problem is I cannot proceed with the configuration of the New Deco because once its powered on it automatically connect to the existing Deco. There is also no option to configure the settings manually from the New Deco.

Any idea how I can proceed or how to stop it from connecting to the existing deco?

Thanks in advance.

Options
2 Reply
Re:2nd Deco Network
2021-03-22 02:25:12

@H3ct0r 

Hi, Since the Deco X20 nodes in the same kit have been pre-configured by default, so they would pair with each other once they are powered on.

For your case, please refer to the following suggestion to have a look:

1.After adding the first Deco into the system, please power it off;

2.Then set up the Deco App based on the same instruction, then switch to the access point mode as last;

3.Power back both of them and connect them as they should be, then check whether they could turn green ;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
Re:2nd Deco Network
2021-03-22 05:14:04

@TP-Link HI, thanks for the reply.

I will take your advice and try it.

Also, one thing I have been thinking about and let me know what you can advice.

As you say they are all pre-configured and once powered they will connect automatically. Is it possible if I can turn off the wireless of the main deco so it will work just a LAN connection as main router and then configure the other 2 like normal deco configuration?

Thanks in advance.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 201

Replies: 2

Related Articles