Deco Shows Device Reconnecting

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 08:35:45
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20200714 Rel. 47859

Hi,

I've set up my own Pi-hole DNS server in raspberry pi & connect it to a slave Deco unit with a wired connection. I've added the IP of the raspberry pi in Deco DHCP settings so that all the DNS query forwarded to the raspberry pi. Everything working fine but every time when I open the Deco app I saw my raspberry pi disconnect and reconnect every 2/3 minutes. So I've enabled the IFTTT applets which log every time an individual device disconnects from my network where I can see my raspberry pi reconnecting every 2-3 minutes. But I've never faced any DNS failed issue, even when I ping my raspberry pi from my laptop it never dropped any packet at all. Ping is also very stable. For recheck, I've connected my raspberry pi to the main Deco unit & the problem is fixed !! I've to connect my PC to the main Deco unit so there is no port left where I can connect my raspberry pi. I've to connect it to the slave unit. I've already reset the slave unit once but the problem still exists. So why this is happening & how to fix it ?

Main Deco Unit Firmware: 1.4.1 Build 20200721 Rel. 24433

Slave Deco Unit Firmware: 1.4.1 Build 20200714 Rel. 47859

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Shows Device Reconnecting
2021-03-22 11:47:22 - last edited 2021-03-22 12:58:47

@Rafid_Anjum 

I hope TP-Link Support reads your post and shares it with "Senior Engineers" for their feedback, but I can suggest you workaround that is quite simple and not expensive.

>For recheck, I've connected my raspberry pi to the main Deco unit & the problem is fixed !! I've to connect my PC to the main Deco unit so there is no port left where I can connect my raspberry pi.

Get no frills 5-port gigabit switch, disconnect PC from Main Deco and connect switch to Main Deco port that PC was connected to. You now have four available ports instead of one. Connect PC to one of switch ports, raspberry pi to another port and you have two more ports for whatever else.

Options
2021-03-23 08:04:29

@Rafid_Anjum 

Thank you very much for your kind feedback.

I would be glad to forward your case to the senior engineers and please have a check of your email box.

At the same time, May I know did you set up the static IP address on the raspberry pi?

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-03-23 08:42:03

@TP-Link yeah I've got the mail & I've setup address reservation from the Deco app for the raspberry pi.

Options