Individual Deco E4 firmware updates

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-22 18:32:50 - last edited 2021-03-22 23:43:45
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

I added 3 more Deco E4's to my home network today and am having some issues (different issues so I guess I should post separate questions for each?).

Firmware; I've used (phone app) 'More-Update Deco' but 3 of the E4's (older ones) are showing Firmware version 1.4.3 where as the newer ones are showing 1.4.4

It seems that not all are updating.  Anything I can do?

Source;  to make it simple, I have a 3 story house with an E4 deployed on each floor, directly above each other.  The top floor ignores the strong signal of the middle floor and will only connect to the weak signal of the bottom floor.  Why?

Is there any way to force the top floor to use the strongest available signal rather than the weakest??

I've rebooted each E4, I've updated the firmware as best I can (see above). I've even deleted each E4 and then added them in slow time, one at once, progressively getting farther from the main  source (which is plugged in to the supplying Internet router).  None of this makes a difference.

I want to use one of the three new E4's in the garage; my thinking was that the new one in the kitchen was a halfway point between garage and main source (ground floor study) but now I'm concerned that it won't actually connect at all!  The kitchen is relatively close to the garage but the study will be well out of reach (of the main source/study).

Anything else I can try or any work-around?

TIA.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Individual Deco E4 firmware updates
2021-03-23 02:31:51 - last edited 2021-03-23 06:28:16

@ukEvo 

Hi, firmware 1.4.3 is the latest firmware for Deco E4, and firmware 1.4.4, may I know where did you get this firmware or Did it get updated automatically via Deco APP?

As for the signal source selection, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Could you please provide me a picture of your floor map about the location as well as the distance between Decos?

2.Please log in to the web UI and save a picture of the network map on the web interface;

3.Please also try to save some pictures of the signal source on the Deco units which did not connect to the nearest Deco;

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-23 22:55:33

@TP-Link thank you for your response.

All interaction with my Deco E4's has been done via the (iOS) app.  The updates appear to have happened automatically and when I have actually tried to update via 'More - Update Deco', nothing changes and having now seen some other posts/videos about updates, I haven't seen the same screens/options etc.

With regards to the second part of your reply, clearly I need to do some more research/learning/understanding as I have virtually no idea what you're on about!  I thought I'd purchased a 'plug and play' system that had a bit of phone app interaction.  Now you've got me thinking I need to be an IT engineer to get this system working properly :-(

Sorry, but you may be waiting some considerable time for my reply with the info you have requested ..........

Options
2021-09-16 00:55:26

@TP-Link hey can i get the link for deco E4 firmware, so heres the story recently i want to update my deco E4 v1 firmware but when installation come in process suddenly there is power outage then the update failed and my deco stuck in yellow (not blinking)........ after that i went through some thread, the solution is i need to update my deco firmware manually , i already on this stage and just need the firmware

Options
2021-09-16 08:54:32

@Rafer 

Hi, please try to install the following firmware:

Deco E4_V1_1.5.1_210330

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 549

Replies: 4