Orange wifi sign

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Orange wifi sign

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Orange wifi sign
Orange wifi sign
2021-03-23 08:06:02
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

I bought one yesterday and put my virgin into modem and connected it following instructions and it has an orange light and I can't use WiFi help please 

Options
7 Reply
Re:Orange wifi sign
2021-03-23 08:24:17

@Xsilent0 

Does it need my router to be modem and my tp link to be in access point mode? 

Options
2021-03-23 11:07:39

@Xsilent0 

It should be in Router mode if you have changed the Virgin hub to a modem only. Please refer to this setup video to confirm the settings on the A7:

https://www.tp-link.com/support/setup-video/

But if you still failed, please refer to the troubleshooting suggestions below to check your settings:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

Options
2021-03-23 16:51:12

@Kevin_Z 

Hey so I did it all correctly and set it up tried those but it must be another problem I have it in modem and the router in router mode but I get orange wifi led so is there a lan cable requirement

Options
2021-03-24 01:08:19

@Xsilent0 

What is the WAN connection type you've chosen on the A7? If it is a Dynamic IP, please ensure you can get internet access when you connect the Virgin modem into the computer directly bypass the A7, that will tell you if the internet is accessible on the modem.

If the internet is not working when the modem is connected to the computer directly, please confirm again what is the correct connection type it should be. Try to recall how did you get online before with the Virgin modem, you can try to change it back to the previous settings, then connect the A7 to it to see if it will give you an internet.

Options
2021-03-24 07:19:57

@Kevin_Z 

Yeh when it's on router mode it gives Internet out to the a7 but I need my a7 to have the full power because right now it's just being used as a sub router so it that I need it in access mode and I get WiFi from my virgin modem through ethernet

Options
2021-03-25 08:27:16

@Xsilent0 

If that is the case, please connect the virgin modem directly to the computer first, ensure you can access the internet directly when it is in modem mode. If there is no internet when it is switched to modem mode, there will be no internet from the modem to the A7, that's why you cannot get internet access on the A7. If you are not sure how to get the virgin to connect to the internet in modem only mode, you need to contact the ISP first to figure it out.

When the internet is available on the virgin modem, then connect it to the A7 WAN port, the internet should be working.

Options
2021-03-25 08:29:46

@Kevin_Z 

There is WiFi from the ethernet but from the modem to the router I am using cat 5e cable and I watched a set up video and it said cat 6 cable does it require one thanks for your time

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 476

Replies: 7

Related Articles