Deco M4 consistent ping delay

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-24 06:09:35 - last edited 2021-03-24 08:21:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build version 20200918 Ref 74289

I am facing an issue with intermittent consistent delay in my Deco m4 satellite node. My primary node is connected to the router via Ethernet cable and the satellite node is kept at a distance of 10-12 meters from primary node. I am facing intermittent delays during my office calls (audio) on Microsoft teams and when checked for ping to 8.8.8.8 I could see that for every 5 or 6 correct ping the next ping will be delayed by around 800 - 1000ms.

I am on a fibre connection of 100Mbps and I am able to get around speeds of 65 to 75 Mbps on the satellite node, the only issue is with the consistent ping delay which causes a audio delay and is causing a lot of information being mussed during my office calls. and as I have checked it during this delayed ping when the audio in calls is also going down. all this time the satellite gives high speeds of 65 to 75 Mbps.

The satellite is connected to the primary over Wifi and I have enabled beamforming and disabled and enabled roaming, both of which did not help in getting the ping delay to go away.

The firmware is uptodate as per the Deco app. attaching the ping reports for yur reference

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco M4 consistent ping delay
2021-03-24 11:10:37

@excelsioras 

Thank you very much for your feedback.

Have you tried to turn off the Mesh Technology under the device settings on the Deco APP?

And did this issue only occur to the wireless devices? or only to the satellite Deco no matter of the wireless and Ethernet connection?

Thanks a lot and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-03-24 15:44:20

@TP-Link 

The mesh technology is enabled, but as I mentioned I did try turning off the roaming option but still the results were same.

When connecting from the main deco, there are no delays or lags.

Options
2021-03-26 06:37:56

@excelsioras 

Thanks for the reply.

Have you tried turning off the Mesh technology, like the following:

At the same time, we would forward your case to the senior engineers for further help and please have a check of your email box;

Options

Information

Helpful: 1

Views: 1295

Replies: 3

Related Articles