Deco M5: can a hardwired device on an Ethernet port be isolated to the guest network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M5: can a hardwired device on an Ethernet port be isolated to the guest network?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 02:42:25
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Subject says it all.  I have some smart devices on here ET that I would like isolated from the same network I have my computers on.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Deco M5: can a hardwired device on an Ethernet port be isolated to the guest network?
2021-03-25 02:54:16

Or is it possible to dedicate the Ethernet port of one of my m5 units to the guest network?  Or any other combination of clever?  :)

Options
Re:Deco M5: can a hardwired device on an Ethernet port be isolated to the guest network?
2021-03-26 05:53:10

@Wificurious 

Hi, the Ethernet devices all belong to the main network.

And it is not possible to dedicate the Ethernet port of one of the m5 units to the guest network.

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-05-15 21:49:37
Tooooo bad. I would have liked this option as well. Maybe in the future...? ;-) Thanks!
Options
2021-05-15 22:14:38 - last edited 2021-05-15 22:15:56

There could be a solution to this challenge: wifi.

https://www.synology.com/nl-nl/compatibility?search_by=products&model=DS114&category=usb_wifi_dongles&p=1

This is a Dutch information page about with supported wifi dongles for your nas, I'm pretty sure there's an English page too. There's one issue: the usb firmware for wifi dongles after dsm 6.2 is not updated anymore and it only works with some specific dongles. I already tried 3 dongles that were somewhere around my house, to no result. I'm thinking about buying a really cheap one that's on the supported list and hoping that it will work. Through the wifi you could connect to your isolated wifi guest network.
Model 1: ASUS USB-N13 - Wifi-adapter

Model 2: D-LINK DWA-140 usb WiFi adapter

If I try this in the coming weeks I'll update this post

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1072

Replies: 4