Deco M4 and Xiaomi Redmi 9 problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-25 09:55:14
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Problem with Xiaomi Redmi 9 and M4 WiFi network. If device is connected to a certain unit, WiFi is stable while device is close to that unit. If it's moving to another unit, WiFi on device is disconnecting and connecting all the time some times per minute... If switch off and on WiFi on device, it's connecting to closest unit and WiFi is stable. If moving to another unit, situation is repeating.

This problem is only with that device. No such problems with others... Setting static IP on device didn't help...

Any ideas?

Options
22 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and Xiaomi Redmi 9 problem
2021-03-26 03:50:27

@RedRoger 

Hi, have you tried to turn off the Mesh Technology on the Redmi 9 to have a look?

And may I know the operating system on the Redmi 9 as well?

Options
2021-03-27 06:52:46 - last edited 2021-03-27 07:04:45

@TP-Link 

Disabling mesh didn't help. And this also is a problem - switching off leads to situation when phone is connected to a unit with a very poor signal and WiFi speed and quality is bad.

Android version is 10 QP1A.190711.020

Options
2021-03-29 06:30:20

@RedRoger 

Thank you very much for the updated information.

I would like to follow up on your case by email and please have a check of your email box later;

Thanks a lot.

Options
2021-07-04 21:12:28

@TP-Link 

I have a similar problem with poco m3 for 5 g. wifi system deco m4. I'm already clueless. upgrade the latest firmware deco 1.5.0 mesh roaming off. without success. if i leave the network only 5ghz and the guest network only 2.4 gHz so it works a bit better. if it can't efficiently jump between bands with the same SSID.

Options
2021-09-05 06:19:28
I have a similar problem with redmi note 10 5g. Cannot get a stable connection with Deco. As I need to use phone to control Deco, this is a major sticking point. This is a new phone. My older Moto phone g5 s plus worked fine. The phone works fine when connected directly to main router, so problem has to be with Deco. I have tried QoS and reserved address with no difference. Come on tplink, get onto this problem, as it will only get worse as more people upgrade their phones. Thank you.
Options
2021-09-27 01:41:27

Hi. Is there any new news on this? I have a new Poco X3 NFC and is driving me crazy, everything is working fine (laptops, tv, consoles, ipad, printers, etc.) but my phone is constantly disconnecting and stays as "No internet connection" until I restart the router or the WiFi on the phone.

I've tried:

-Deleting all net settings on the phone

-Activating/deactivating IGMP /WAN Unicast options on DECO 

-Assigning static ip for Poco on Deco app

-Disabling mesh options for device on Deco app

The only workaround is to connect the phone to another router. It works flawlessly, but the reception is very poor. I'd like to be able to use my Deco as every other device in the house. 

Options
2021-09-27 01:46:35 - last edited 2021-09-27 01:46:59

@BananoMX No news, the situation is the same

Options
2021-09-27 02:28:11 - last edited 2021-09-27 02:40:22

@BananoMX 

Hi, Have you tried to turn off the private/random MAC address on the smartphone to see whether it improved the stability?

And I also checked the engineers and they explained that:

When a device is roaming between Decos, there will be a disconnecting and reconnecting process, but some devices have a shorter switching process, so you will not feel it. Please note that this behavior is determined by the client. Deco supports the 802.11k/v/r roaming protocol, which can reduce the roaming switching time and improve the roaming experience. So the client must support the roaming protocol to roam in a very short time as well. If the Wi-Fi switching process is felt on the mobile phone, it may be caused by the mobile phone not supporting the 802.11k/v/r roaming protocol. Generally, the roaming process does not affect the Internet access because it won't take a long time to roam from AP to the other one, but it may affect the application that requires low network delay, such as VOIP phone.

And for more details about the roaming protocol of Deco, please refer to the following link:

Get to Know Fast Roaming / Seamless Roaming on a Deco System

Options
2021-09-27 04:51:02

@TP-Link nothing helps. Situation is the same with not only Xiaomi Redmi 9, but with Mi 9 phone, that is one of the premium model of Xiaomi. I don't know what type of roaming it supports, but I suspect that as a flagman model it should support everything. Even more - older models of the smartphones, for example Huawei p20, has no any troubles with wifi...

Options
2021-09-27 10:17:15

@RedRoger 

Hi, Could you please do me a favor and save the system logs when the Xiaomi Redmi 9/ Mi 9 are disconnected from Deco?

Please also help me note down the time when you noticed Xiaomi Redmi 9/ Mi 9 phone are disconnected.

By the way, would you please also give an update to ticket ID # TKID210330037

And for other users, it would be highly appreciated that you could save the related log and note down the disconnected time as well.

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 4

Views: 7689

Replies: 22

Related Articles