Deco M4 and Xiaomi Redmi 9 problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Deco M4 and Xiaomi Redmi 9 problem

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
22 Reply
Re:Deco M4 and Xiaomi Redmi 9 problem
2021-10-02 09:19:08

@TP-Link Ok... Here is the log.

At 11.53 on device with MAC A8-9C-ED-BD-BA-C6 (Xiaomi Mi 9) WiFi was switched ON and it made connection to WiFi network with IP 192.168.88.46 from DHCP. Everything is working properly/

Then device was moved from one Deco to another and at 11:59 it occurs that it hasn't connection to the internet.  Than at 11:59 WiFi on the phone was switched OFF/ON and then connection restored and everything is working properly again. And so is almost always if moving device from one Deco to another. If not moving - everything is working fine.

File:
log-2021-10-02.logDownload
Options
2021-10-02 18:48:07

@RedRoger @BananoMX @Alexu @Hanusan Xiaomi phones seems to have a wi-fi problem, especially with 5ghz wi-fi. I experienced the same issue you're facing in Xiaomi Mi A1. However, with my Redmi Note 10 Pro Max, I haven't faced any wi-fi issues yet.

Try disabling fast roaming & enabling Beamforming (if you haven't already)

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2021-10-04 11:19:23

@ImtiazAli What is the sense of WiFi mesh system without a fast roaming? Then we could symply use some wifi repeaters with the same SSID.

Options
2021-10-06 14:11:41

@TP-Link Hello. You asked to give you a log file with the problem. I gave it, so it would be good to have some sort of feedback...

Thanks

Options
2021-10-08 08:09:25

@RedRoger That is the question, isn't it?

Unfortunately, this is the only workaround I've found & it's going well so far.

Just a M4 (2-pack) user who regrets buying it
Options
2021-11-26 21:35:12

@TP-Link I am having exactly the same problems on my new Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro using Android 11 and my gf's Oneplus 8 also Android 11.

Tried all kind of combinations for the smartphone settings (deleting saved WIFIs an reconnecting them WIFI assist on/Off, prioritice network trafic for current application, also in developer mode: WIFI scan throtteling on/off as well as different energy saving modes).

Also tried different combinations of decos (M5s, M5s, P7s) Rach of them tested with different types of backhauls at different places i did install decos for me and others and tried different settings for them (access point mode/router mode, beamforming in/off, fast roaming in/off).

It is really annoying, that nothing seems to solve this problem completely (not that i really want to change my whole network topography or change settings that would make the whole idea of using a mesh system in the first places obsolete) for long time use, just to make the decos finally work as intended.

Pleased get this issues adressed propperly - a mesh system also shouldn't only be compatible to specific brands or even devices in the first place and If so, it should at least bei clearly states before purchasing.

That said i didn't have issues on my Samsung Galaxy S7 using Android 8.0  or at least didn't notice them that much and neither on the Galaxy A50s (afaik 2019) of my parents using Android 11 as well - without having to use any special settings.

Also tested 3 different Samsung Tab A (afaik all 2016) all in Android 8.1 which seems to neither have that problem (strangely sometimes unable to reconnect to decos after standby mode tho, even if not moved at all).

We also have some others mobile devices of different Brands here that don't seem to have that problem, or at least not that often (Notebooks, Toniboxes,...).

The Tigerbox seems to also have issues to handle the swap from one Deco to another (exactly the same behaviour)

Please give us an update on this issues and what settings will work with different combinations of devices. Or even better that you are working on a fix that doesn't require a special settings for specific devices.

I really put a lot of effort into testing different scenarios here after settings up multiple of these Setups ober the past few years and was using decos for several years without any major issues.

It really seems like decos for a problem, with the hand over of some devices. Also for me it looks like this is especially true for younger devices, which might be specific to several brands but not only Xiaomi.

I yet can't confirm any brand of younger devices to work as intended, as non of the once i had the chance to test up to now did work as intended and as it used to work on older devices.

Hope you find a solution and get us updated as soon as possible.

PS: Didn't save any logs of the tests because i was almost sure ithas to be a setup issued before testing this more in detail and not beeing able to find any working solution.

Samsung Galaxy S7:

Xiaomi POCO X3 Pro :

​​​​

Oneplus 8:

Galaxy A50:

Options
2021-11-28 14:34:40

Nothing has changed with 1.5.2 software for Deco m4.

Options
2022-02-20 04:23:26

Have the same issue with my MI 9 pro. Any update please?

Options
2022-02-22 07:33:53

@Furia 

Hi, Based on the previous troubleshooting records, Xiaomi smartphones seem always tend to connect 2.4ghz but at this moment Deco thinks 5ghz could provide a better performance and would suggest Xiaomi roam to 5ghz, but again it is stick to 2.4ghz.

So if possible, could you please turn off the 2.4ghz on the Deco X60 to have a test or enable guest network for 5ghz only with a different SSID and check the roaming performance on Mi 9 pro?

Please leave me a private message for notification in case I missed the reply.

Thank you.

Options
2022-03-01 18:01:48

@TP-Link i have the same problem with Xiaomi mi 9 and mi 9T. I only have active the 5 GHz band. 

Options
Related Articles