ibrid mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

ibrid mesh network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
ibrid mesh network
ibrid mesh network
2021-03-26 10:13:31
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Can I create a mesh network starting with a Deco M4 wired to the fiber router and extend it with a set of 3 Deco P9 connected wireless to M4 unit?

Options
3 Reply
Re:ibrid mesh network
2021-03-26 13:25:09 - last edited 2021-03-26 14:08:50

@devange2 

Yes, you can.

For this to work well you'll need the following:

Set M4 as Main Deco, P9s as Satellite Decos.

Strong WiFi signal between M4 and the one P9 that is closest to M4 in your picture. I would suggest you use WiFi analyzer app on smartphone to confirm it, before you invest in Deco hardware.

Good electrical wiring for outlets to which P9s are plugged. Having all P9 electric outlets on same circuit power breaker is strongly recommended.

-----

I am assuming you don't have Ethernet cable going from Apartment 1 to Apartment 2, otherwise you would not be trying this way. Yet, if you have TV cable going from Apartment 1 to Apartment 2, there is different option you could try: Ethernet over TV cable.

Options
2021-03-26 14:35:04

Thank you @Alexandre. 

Yes I can't wire from Appartment 1 to 2, but they are split  by a wall only.

Now with a simple repeter I can reach 330 Mbs from apartment 2 but only near the wall where the router is.

With the power line I hope to extend the network to all the rooms of appartmet 2 thet is on two floors.

Options
2021-03-29 06:00:00

@devange2 

Hi, it is ok for your current condition.

And if the two flats were under the same electric meter, leaving one of the Deco P9 as the main Deco, and putting the Deco M4 at the far end of flat 2 would be a little bit better;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 399

Replies: 3

Related Articles