Archer A7 individual devices randomly lose internet connection and have to restart router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Archer A7 individual devices randomly lose internet connection and have to restart router

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-26 10:30:23
Model: Archer A7  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version: 1.1.2 Build 20210125

I have the Archer A7 v5 connected to my EE brightbox modem, which has its wifi disabled and only connection is the Archer A7 router. There is a powerline adapter connected to the Archer A7.

The setup seems okay apart from at random times a device such as my macbook will stay connected to the router but have no internet access. I am able to ping the router but not the EE modem/router (with wifi disabled). The only way to sort this is reset the router's. This also happens with iphones and ipads but can be solved by resetting their network configuration settings.

The firmware is up to date.

Does anyone know the reason for this?

Options
1 Reply
Re:Archer A7 individual devices randomly lose internet connection and have to restart router
2021-03-29 03:15:14

@archiera7 

Only the iOS devices will lose the connection randomly? How about other devices, such as Android or laptops? 

Are there any special settings on the A7 network, such as Access Control? 

Please also check if there is "MAC address randomization" or "Private MAC address" enabled on the iOS devices, if it is, it will change its MAC address every time it connects to the network. You can find some information here: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 354

Replies: 1

Related Articles