Deco Lab's Wifi Assistant always count wrong connected device !!

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-26 16:44:01 - last edited 2021-03-26 16:46:29
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.1 Build 20200721 Rel. 24433

Hi,

I'm trying to explore all the Deco app features then I visited the Deco Lab's Wifi Assistant. I'm trying to scan all connected devices from there & noticed that this feature won't work properly. It always shows the wrong device count. If I use other apps from the play store which scan for connected devices in my network they all show me the correct device count. Also, I know that how many devices I've in my network. So all the wifi device scanning apps are showed correct but Deco Lab's Wifi Assistant always shows wrong. I think this is some kind of bug maybe. Just trying to notify tp-link. Note that I have got the latest Deco app, so it's not an outdated version. For your better understand I've attached screenshots below. Sorry for the last 2 screenshots my laptop battery out so it disconnected so it counts one less.

Deco App Version: 2.5.13 [Android]

Deco App:

WiFiman:

Fing:

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco Lab's Wifi Assistant always count wrong connected device !!
2021-03-29 03:08:24 - last edited 2021-03-29 06:20:46

@Rafid_Anjum 

Hi, may I know what's APP name that is also used to scan for the LAN devices?

And I noticed on this APP, there are two devices sharing the same IP address, for example, 192.168.68.100, which I think might be caused by the private MAC address;

Have you checked the number of clients on the device list of the Overview page?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-02 21:32:51 - last edited 2021-04-02 21:34:09

@TP-Link Black one is "WiFiman" & white one is "Fing". Also note that yeah in my screenshot there is a device with same IP but the app count them as one. They aren't counting twice. Yes, I've checked the number of clients on the device list of the Overview page & they are accurate too. This problem is only present is the Deco Lab's Wifi Assistant.

Options
2021-04-08 08:51:37

@Rafid_Anjum 

Thank you very much for your kind reply.

Currently, the scan for LAN device under the Wi-Fi assistant is still under optimization and we would keep improving this feature along with the APP upgrade;

Thanks a lot.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 815

Replies: 3

Related Articles