Unrecognized iPhones iPads joining my network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-27 23:26:14

I am getting notices that an iPhone has connected to the network. Problem is, it's not mine of anyone associated with the household. Deco X60. 

Options
5 Reply
Re:Unrecognized iPhones iPads joining my network
2021-03-28 15:54:53

@Houndstooth 

Check this: https://support.apple.com/en-us/HT211227

Options
2021-03-28 16:27:22

@Alexandre. Thanks for the link. I had read that article but it doesn't address why someone unrelated to my household could connect to my password protected WiFi. It has happened multiple times over a few weeks. 

Options
2021-03-28 19:42:56 - last edited 2021-03-28 19:48:27

@Houndstooth 

Yes, it does not address that.

That link from Apple Support web site explains why iPhone from your household may appear as new device, on your password protected WiFi network. Which may, or may not apply to your situation. 

From what information you gave, it is not clear if it does or if it does not.

Options
2021-03-29 01:53:36

@Houndstooth 

Hi, I agree with Alexandre that the private MAC address might make the Household Devices recognized as the new unknown devices;

To solve the mystery, you could turn off the private address to have a test;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-03-29 14:49:30

@Houndstooth  Thanks so much for the suggestions as to what may be happening.  What is unique to this situation, when I get the notice that the device has connected to the network, it states the name of the person who owns the device.  It is never anyone associated with my household!  It is a random name.  Also, no one in our family has an IPhone!  I changed the password on the wireless so we will see if that helps.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 358

Replies: 5

Related Articles