Router suddenly not functioning with orange light

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-28 08:03:04 - last edited 2021-04-01 01:57:09

Good morning,

my router suddenly does not function with the middle light of the three being orange now. Internet provider and anything functions.

Switched off all devices, re-set the router and nothing helps.

How to fix this problem?

Router: TP-Link TL-WR841N N300 

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Router suddenly not functioning with orange light-Solution
2021-03-31 14:52:19 - last edited 2021-04-01 01:57:09

@Kevin_Z 

okay the dormitory technician had an eye on it and apparently the wifi socket ceased to function. Luckily I have another in my room so now the router including internet functions :)

Thank you for your help

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Router suddenly not functioning with orange light
2021-03-29 07:48:56

@Nathanwood 

May I know who is your ISP, what kind of connection type on the WR841N, is it Dynamic IP or PPPoE? Please refer to this setup video to confirm the settings on the WR841N again:
https://youtu.be/Ev6iY-UU_VU

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-03-29 09:38:04

@Kevin_Z 

The thing is I live in a dormitory and as far as Im accustomed to the term modem I dont have a physical connection to it...

Dynamic IP - dhcp client    are these the information you asked for?

The internet connection was fine the whole time with 2 green lights, just suddenly it ceased to function with one orange light in the middle.

Thank you

Options
2021-03-30 08:34:41

@Nathanwood 

That is interesting. I'm wandering, how did this WR841N connect to the dormitory modem, or is there actually a modem? It is suggested to test the connection by connecting a computer to the modem directly, or to the Ethernet cable from the wall directly if there is no modem, ensure you can build up an internet connection, this will assure the line is still working.

Then you can reset the router to factory defaults by pressing the RESET button on the back panel, then reconfigure it from scratch to check if it will be working properly again. You can also follow this guide to confirm the settings on it:
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/1556/

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
Re:Router suddenly not functioning with orange light-Solution
2021-03-31 14:52:19 - last edited 2021-04-01 01:57:09

@Kevin_Z 

okay the dormitory technician had an eye on it and apparently the wifi socket ceased to function. Luckily I have another in my room so now the router including internet functions :)

Thank you for your help

Recommended Solution
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1538

Replies: 4

Related Articles