Deco M5 Wrong username/password on PPPoe

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-28 12:56:31
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version: 1.5.2

My new Deco M5 refuse to connect to the internet and just keeps saying wrong username/password

I am able to connect with my Synology router using the same username and password

I have checked at least 6 time and copied the username password as is from the working router

I have tried using DNS settings 8.8.8.8 & 8.8.4.4 as suggested. It just will not connect.

Trying the forum as a last resort. Otherwise will return them to the shop.

Options
5 Reply
Re:Deco M5 Wrong username/password on PPPoe
2021-03-28 12:59:46

@staxza 

Maybe your ISP required a VLAN settings. 

Options
2021-03-30 18:12:48

@Hazree 

It connects fine on other routers like Netgear, Synology and even and older Tp-link router without any VLAN settings

Options
2021-03-31 03:17:55

@staxza 

Hi,  May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the modem number of your ISP modem?

And what is the model number of the old TP-Link router?

By the way, did you have a computer, and would it be possible to connect the computer to the ISP modem directly and set up the PPPoE connection with the same username and password?

--if the computer is working properly, we could try to clone the MAC address of the computer on the Deco:

https://www.tp-link.com/en/support/faq/2925/ 

Thank you very much.

Options
2022-01-08 03:34:07

I am having the same problem, but with the Deco X 20. The ISP folks have said the username and password is correct, but the Deco x20 just refuses to connect. Such a disappointment.

Options
2022-01-08 08:40:06

@Anant_Agnihotri 

Try using iOS device instead of android. Its seem something wrong with deco app on android.

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 1320

Replies: 5

Related Articles