PS4 not connecting via LAN and low speeds on WiFi

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-28 14:15:13

Have a mesh network with M5 routers. Everything in the house connects without any issues besides the PS4. 
When using an ethernet cable it does not connect at all. Tried different cables and switching routers. Tried setting DNS server to 8.8.8.8 and tried automatic as well. 
When on WiFi it connects but with extremely low speeds in kBps and sometimes around 1 mbps. The speeds from the provider are up to 300. Another issue is the PS4 won't even show on the clients list at all. Tried disabling fast roaming and using 2.4 gh only. Nothing has worked so far. 

Options
2 Reply
Re:PS4 not connecting via LAN and low speeds on WiFi
2021-03-29 02:33:20

Hi, have you set up the static IP address on the PS4 before on the Ethernet connection?

As for the wireless speed on the PS4, have you tried to enable QOS for gaming and also put the PS4 to higher priority?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:PS4 not connecting via LAN and low speeds on WiFi
2021-03-29 14:35:03

@TP-Link 

No static IP address on PS4

i also cannot give it high priority because it doesn't even show up on the list of clients on my network. Now it won't even connect to WiFi at all. I've tried rebooting the routers, even reset the network completely. 
Also, we have had the mesh system for about a year, this starts happening randomly and has happened at least 5 times since we have gotten it. The issue usually resolves after a few resets of the main router. This time it's been a week and tried everything I can think of. 
Now my phone isn't connecting and neither does my thermostat. While cameras and laptops and smart TVs are connecting and working fine. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 614

Replies: 2