Archer T4U Keeps Disabling Itself

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-29 12:09:44
Model: Archer T4U  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hello

I have an Archer T4U USB network adapter I've been using to connect to the internet on my desktop for a while now. I normally plug it into the front of the tower, but I want to clean up the front profile to look a bit neater, so I got a USB multi adapter to plug in the back and then plug the Archer T4U into that and let is rest in the back.

It was working fine till for some reason the T4U would automatically disable itself. No matter how many times I tell it to enable itself; it just does not want to.

I plug it back in the front USB slot and it works fine again. If I plug the USB multi adapter in another plug; it then works again fine, but then disables itself after my PC reboots later.

No matter if I re-install the drivers, re-plug in the USB adapter or ensure that the USB is set not to allow the PC to turn of the USB device - it seems to always automatically disables itself when trying to connect to the network.

Any ideas?

Options
6 Reply
Re:Archer T4U Keeps Disabling Itself
2021-04-07 02:41:55 - last edited 2021-04-07 02:44:20

@theleo84 Hello, 

To exclude the issue, can you remove the USB multi adapter/ USB hub and connect Archer T4U directly to the USB port on the back of your computer? 

Did you disable the power save model on adapter properties settings for Archer T4U: 

If you have to use that Hub, may I know the Model number of your USB hub, can other device connected to the USB hub always be recognized? 

Options
2021-04-07 18:49:07

Hello @Solla-topee 

Unfortunately the space in the back is rather tight and as such I cant directly connect the adapter in the back, only in the front.

Yes - I did disable the power save settings for the adapter and the USB HUB aswell.

The USB HUB in question is a ORICO USB 3.0 Dekstop HUB Product Model: ORICO W5P-U3.
https://www.orico.cc/us/product/detail/3311.html#link3

I connected my Logtitech Master Mouse and Keyboard with the Unifying USB adapter on the HUB. It appeard to be working fine; the only issue I noticed was the occasional disconnect for some reason. As a result I plugged in the Logitech Unifying USB adapter in the back since its so small and can fit in the back.

Options
2021-04-08 06:42:43

@theleo84 Hello, 

It looks like through the USB hub , " Allow the computer to turn off the device to save power " is void for the adapter. 

Please go to Power Options settings, USB devices- USB selective suspend settings-> set it as Disabled. 

On the USB hub property settings ,please also check if there is any power management settings. 

To make sure adapter could get sufficient power from Hub, you could also disconnect other USB devices connected to hub and only leave tp-link adapter .  

Options
2021-04-08 13:20:38

Hello @Solla-topee 

I have done as instructed, but still get the same result.

It acts like its trying to connect to the local WIFI connection and as soon as it does; it disables itself. Plug it in the front again and it connects perfectly fine.

I have tested connecting only the adapter to the USB HUB with no difference. The USB HUB doesnt appears to have any power issues as its LED light is constantly on.

Options
2022-02-09 13:28:48

@theleo84 Did you ever solve this?

I'm having the exact same issue! it's connecting then connected then *poof* adapter disabled. All the time! It's driving me crazy.

Options
2022-02-09 20:34:35

@Hannemaster Sadly not. The issue seemed less with the Archer T4U and more with the USB HUB.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 936

Replies: 6

Related Articles