Anyone using a TD-W8970 with a NAS ??

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2013-02-28 09:05:35
Region : Australia

Model : TD-W8970

Hardware Version : V1

Firmware Version :

ISP :

Hi Guys first post here...

Im having issues setting up port forwarding with my Synology NAS.

My house is all connected via network cable, going to a main 24-port switch, which is connected to a Modem/Router (TP-LINK in this case). I can access the NAS from anywhere on my home network, send and receive is fine.
I previously used a Billion modem/router in the same config and it all worked fine.

The problem is that when going through the Synology setup, it fails to see the tp-link. So therefore I cannot run its port forwarding program to setup all my ports. Which in turn the NAS can't access the internet.
I have started going through the port-forward setting on the router interface, and manually entered the ports - i realized that I'm limited to the number of ports i'm allowed to open!
I have also run a port testing program, some are successfully opened the others are not.

Can anybody give me an idea of what is going wrong? Is there some button i need to check or switch on the modem?

Cheers!!
Options
4 Reply
Re:Anyone using a TD-W8970 with a NAS ??
2013-02-28 21:48:05
Try to DMZ and see what happens.
Options
2013-02-28 22:09:27
Enabled DMZ with the ip address of the NAS, but havn't noticed anything.
Options
2013-03-27 22:24:32
Sorry I created another thread about this as well. No help here other then I did reinstall the 8970 firmware and got the Diskstation the see the router but a day later no upnp and the Synology cannot see the router again. What prompted replacing the Billion?
Options
Sv: Vegetarianere...?
2015-01-21 19:13:44
Try to ping the IP address of the wireless network connection on the laptop from the PC, if you can get replies, the network between the two computers should be OK. Actually I am thinking the devices showing under Ordinateur may be the PC hardwired in the modem. As you can see the things showing medias that is PC-WIN7-PC:PC-WIN7 are the same.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 495

Replies: 4