Extender won't connect to internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-30 15:25:14
Model: TL-WPA4220 KIT  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

set up adaptor and extender . both have been paired as LED lights are on but can't connect to internet. Downloaded TPplc app from playstore and app can't find device. This should be plug and play. Hmm - plug and not play! I've been in contact with support . they have said - do this , do that . Whilst i could see the device initially on the app  (still wouldn't work though) , no sign of it now. So i'm at a loss about what to do next!

Options
1 Reply
Re:Extender won't connect to internet
2021-04-01 02:02:21

@ELewis Hello, 

If House Leds are ON on power line units , you could try some suggestions here:

1> change a different Ethernet cable between Main router and main power line adapter

2> try a different LAN port on main router. 

If still the same problem,please connect a computer to router by Ethernet cable ( same cable that main powerline adapter is using) and check do you have any Internet?

How many Leds are ON  on the main adapter and powerline extender? 

If connected to WPA4220 the wifi adapter by WiFi or by wire, what is the IP address & Gateway on your computer? https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/838/

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 404

Replies: 1

Related Articles