Deco P9 Powerline Interference / Turn Off / Add to existing PL network

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-03-31 09:18:07
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.1.3 Build 20201228 Rel 55057

I am using Powerline adapters and I have noticed recently that the speed of them is significantly slower than usual. 

After some testing, I've found that because the P9 also have Powerline backhaul, this is interfering with my regular Powerline adapters.

For example, turning off all but 1 P9 I can get Powerline speeds of 81Mbits/sec. When I turn on a P9 and they create their PL backhaul, if I repeat the test I get 13Mbits/sec.

Is there anyway that the P9's can be added to the exisitng PL network? Or that the PL backhaul be turned off? Or anything that can be done to stop the interference? 

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco P9 Powerline Interference / Turn Off / Add to existing PL network
2021-04-04 17:05:01

@crayuk There currently aren't any options to add P9s to a current PL backhaul network nor there is a option to turn off PL backhaul.

Options
2021-04-06 05:40:22

@crayuk 

Hi, currently, there is no way to disable the powerline backup on the Deco P9.

And may I know what are the previous powerline network that you have already installed? Are they also TP-Link?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-06 15:58:36

@TP-Link The existing Powerline network is a mix of TP-Link and Netgear but paired into one network.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1174

Replies: 3

Related Articles