RE580D has wifi and is connected to router but no internet

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-01 04:00:13
Model: RE580D  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version:

Got a new RE580D yesterday to extend my Archer C80's. After setting it up, it worked for a short while, an hour or so, and then stopped providing any internet access. I checked the other topics here already, set it up with a static IP and custom DHCP server, updated the firmware, and switched to use 5ghz instead of 2.4ghz but all leads to the same result. It has no internet access despite even the network page saying it does. Can't think of anything else I could do to make it work

Options
4 Reply
Re:RE580D has wifi and is connected to router but no internet
2021-04-01 13:24:38

@Rekxar Good day. 

Thank you for your very detailed and clear post ~

May I know the LEDs status on range extender when Internet stops working on range extender? And what is the t firmware version/ Build number on the extender ? 

After you manually set up DHCP settings, do you mean RE580 got no Internet all, or it could get Internet but only works for around 1 hour?

At the same time,we'd like to follow up your case via email and escalate your case, please check our email with title 【Forum ID 259542】, thank you. 

Options
2021-04-01 16:07:58

@Solla-topee Hey,

Thanks for the quick reply.

All of them except the 5ghz are lit up in blue. Sometimes the last right one blinks to red. 

By build number I assume you mean model number? That's RE580D (UN) ver 1.0. I have upgraded the firmware to the latest build available on the tp link website for the UN version: 1.0.0 Build 20171220 Rel. 57215

After setting it up the first time it worked for about an hour. The second time I set it all up using the manual DHCP server settings and it worked for about 30 minutes and then stopped again, returning to this state. When restarting it, it can randomly change between showing it has internet connection or it doesn't, but either time there's no actual internet connection.

Currently the internet is actually working on it despite the Extenders interface saying it is not. This changes randomly without any other changes in the network and at random intervals.

The archer C80 router does not see the RE580D in its list of connected DHCP clients despite it being the one providing wifi and ip address to the extender

I'm not sure what else I can try to fix it.

Options
2021-04-01 16:34:01

@Solla-topee interestingly enough, I just got on my pc which is connected by lan wire to the Archer c80 and it didn't have any internet connection because it was getting the ip address and default gateway from the RE580D, even though it is not connected to it in any way other than through the wireless network provided by the C80. Somehow the RE580D is taking over the process of handing out the DHCP for all devices on the network instead of just the ones connected to it

Options
2021-04-02 02:15:24 - last edited 2021-04-02 02:16:08

@Rekxar Hello, 

Thank you for your reply, we will escalate your case~

Options

Information

Helpful: 2

Views: 435

Replies: 4

Related Articles