wifi/deco disturbed if television turns on (formerly not the case, didn't change anything)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

wifi/deco disturbed if television turns on (formerly not the case, didn't change anything)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-02 11:16:09
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

The problem:

• We have a Deco in Wall outlet on the first and second floor (source ground floor). Worked perfectly until lately.
  • After some time we found out the connection in the first floor (desktop) fails (maybe also 2nd floor, but we didn't try that) as soon as the television is turned on in the ground floor. Wifi on ground floor is not noticeable disturbed by television (we still can use our mobile devices there).
  • When the television is switched off the problem ends and I can use my desktop again.
  • Deco app doesn't show differences except that the kb/MB numbers down- and upload hardly change after tv starts (nearly freeze, as well as does my desktop).
  • We didn't have the problem before (with the same tv and deco) and as far as we know we didn't change anything.

Situation: Television is connected via a HD-TV receiver to a cable to fritz box. Deco is also connected to fritz box. The house is connected to fiber optic cable. Neither the provider (xs4all) nor tp-link (deco) can explain our problem.

Anybody any idea what might be the cause, what can we do? We could buy a new tv if we would be certain this is the cause, but that's not clear yet.

Options
2 Reply
Re:wifi/deco disturbed if television turns on (formerly not the case, didn't change anything)
2021-04-26 05:49:20

@Margj 

Hi, sorry for the delay.

Did you still have the same issue on the Deco P7?

If yes, could you please help me check the following information:

1. What is the model number of your HD-TV?
  2. Did all the mobile clients on the 2nd Deco lose the wireless connection?
  3. Would 2nd Deco turn red when the connection dropped?
  4. If possible, please try to swap the location of the 2nd and 3rd P7 to check whether it is location related;

Thank you.

Options
Re:wifi/deco disturbed if television turns on (formerly not the case, didn't change anything)
2021-07-24 10:15:52

@TP-Link Thanks for your reaction. Somehow the situation is better now, we didn't change anything. So for now no questions anymore :)

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 391

Replies: 2

Related Articles