M5 hidden signal on ch 36 causing interference with WAN

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-02 19:34:13
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

I get my internet connection via a wide radio repeater system that uses the same 5Ghz frequency as Ch 36. This is one of four 5Ghz channels (36, 40, 44, 48) that show up as being used as a Hidden SSID. That it, it is the back channel the Deco's use to communicate with each other. Ch 36 is 5180, the exact frequency the radio uses.

I tried turning off 5Ghz to use only 2.4Ghz. Unfortunately, this does not stop the hidden channel from using 5Ghz Ch 36. The radio frequency is used by the county utility that supplies internet. We can't change it.

The question is whether there is any way to stop the Deco from using Ch. 36.

Options
2 Reply
Re:M5 hidden signal on ch 36 causing interference with WAN
2021-04-07 08:54:32

@RandySea2 

Hi, I am afraid that there is no way to change the wireless channel of the hidden network;

Have you already noticed the internet speed loss or internet instability of the WAN connection?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:M5 hidden signal on ch 36 causing interference with WAN
2021-04-07 16:04:26
I was having some slowdowns and instability. The techs from my ISP discovered the interference from Ch. 36. They suggested I stop using the DECO closest to the WAN radio or move it further away. Turning it off did reduce the interference, as the other Deco are much further away.. They also changed the orientation of the WAN radio antenna and that helped, too.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 715

Replies: 2

Related Articles