E4 Light is Solid Red but there is internet connection

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-03 02:59:26 - last edited 2021-04-03 03:01:41
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3

My Deco E4 light is solid red for all mesh.  However, I still have stable internet connection for now.  Sometimes it turns white and then solid red again for longer times.  I already tried unplugging and rebooting but doesn't solve the issue.

Please help/advise.

Thanks!

Options
3 Reply
Re:E4 Light is Solid Red but there is internet connection
2021-04-06 03:17:28

@djlimlee 

Hi,

Did all the Deco E4 have the same issue?

The internet service is still here even when the LED turns red, right?

Have you even checked the Ethernet connection to the specific Deco when it is red?

By the way, may I know how long have you had the Deco and when did this issue start?

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-06 04:41:00

@TP-Link 

Hi, yes all deco E4 was red.  It is now fixed. NO more red light.  I assume there was some sort of intermittent signal issue when the ISP was fixing some of the cables here.  

Anyway, what does the solid red light mean?  Is this more of a hardware issue?  Or is it possible that it is a signal issue from the modem as I discussed above?

Thanks
Dale

Options
2021-04-06 06:14:58

@djlimlee 

Hi, if the Deco is blinking red, it means that it has been disconnected from the main Deco;

And if the Deco is solid red, something might be wrong with the Deco, such as no internet from modem, or hardware issue if the LED kept solid red after reset;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 645

Replies: 3