Tl-wa855re extender REALLY slow

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-04 20:42:50
Model: TL-WA855RE  
Hardware Version: V5
Firmware Version:

Just tried this extender. I get full connection but horrid speed. I have the extender 30 ft from the router on an inside wall near no electronics. I tested speedtest app 2 ft from the extender.  With my router I get about 50mbps, but with the extender I only get about 5mbps.  Is there anything I can try or just return it? It's useless as is.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Tl-wa855re extender REALLY slow
2021-04-09 08:07:55

@Ronsensei Hello, 

The speed that RE gets directly from router is quite important, as this is a single band RE,   please test what is 2.4Ghz Wi-Fi speed from Router at  the Same Location of RE ? 
Please check the actual speed and Wi-Fi link speed when your device is connected to Range extender & main router separately and share the results here: 
https://www.tp-link.com/support/faq/709/

If possible,  please get a  laptop which can wire to Extender and test RE's  Ethernet speed?
Please also try to modify the wireless channel of the home router, such as channel 1/6/11 for 2.4ghz and see if speed gets better or not. 

Kindly note that range extender get speed from router first then forward to your PC or clients, this communication is one- way only at a time,  RE's speed could decrease around 50% during this transmission. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 589

Replies: 1

Related Articles