Ax6000 5ghz stops working

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-05 05:35:31 - last edited 2021-04-05 05:36:41
Model: Archer AX6000  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.2.1 build 20210205

Hi everyone,

It appears I am having issues with my ax6000 router. When using the 5ghz network everything appears to be working fine until it stops allowing devices to connect.

Devices currently connected to the 5ghz network still work, but if you disconnect and try to reconnect it says unable to connect to network. The only remedy has been to reset the router.(unplug for a few mins)

It can be very annoying when you wake up in the morning to the router acting up. Especially when we are all working from home.

Any idea? This is frustrating for both my roommates and I. The issues appears to be happening more frequently and I have read the routers software has a long way to go.

Note: when this happens the 2.4ghz is working just fine and we can still connect to it.

Thanks in advance! 😀

Options
6 Reply
Re:Ax6000 5ghz stops working
2021-04-05 14:47:22

@Innocentone 

Make sure you have placed the device in a well ventilated place on a firm surface so it doesn't overheating.

If the issue still persists the try to lower the 5GHz band's transmission power to Middle and observe the 5GHz band behavior:

If this was helpful click once on the arrow pointing upward. If this solves your issue, click once the star to mark it as a "Recommended Solution".
Options
2021-04-05 16:30:24

@terziyski 

I have actually been using those settings with transmit power on middle/low in combination because I have read other forms with the same issues.

I also have a cooling pad underneath the router to keep it cooler and it is in a well ventilated area.

Any other ideas? 😀

Options
2021-04-06 02:30:50

@Innocentone 

Just to confirm also, what are the devices connecting to the 5G network, are they all behaving the same?

How about the 5G guest network, can you connect properly?

Options
2021-04-06 05:38:52

@Kevin_Z 

Hi Kevin,

It appears the 5ghz guest network is doing the same thing as the regular network. Which I believe then means it has something to do with the 5g radio with the router or perhaps the chipset for it? (I read about people talking about the chipset having software issues)

Almost all of my devices connected to the router are AX: galaxy s21, 2 laptops with AX wifi cards, 2 iPhone 12s, 1 desktop with an AX wireless card, 3 Samsung TVs, some Amazon echos 4th gen, and a few game consoles.

It appears they are all having the same issue. When the issue happens the current devices stay connected, but the router won't anything to reconnect. For example, a laptop that is off or on standby. 

The only solution is a full hard reboot of the router. I have followed all the recommended settings of my peers on these forums, I have zero-wait DFS enabled already, and have placed my 5ghz on an unpopulated channel.

Sadly the issue is reoccurring. Hopefully, there is some software in the works to address this issue.

Let me know guys!

Options
2021-04-06 06:14:54

@Innocentone 

Thank you very much for all the detailed info. 

We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-04-06 22:32:10

@Kevin_Z 

I appreciate it thanks for reaching out!

Options