Voip Call disconnects | Originating from TP link to TP link

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-05 06:30:32
Model: Archer C80  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Hello Team, I am having an odd issue while using the C80 router. 

Whenever I make a whatsapp/ Telegram / Signal call to a user who is also connected to a different TP link router, call doesn't get established. Until one of us receive the phone call, it works, immediately after receiving the phone call, it goes to connecting mode and disconnects in less than 5 Seconds. 

I have tried by making calls to the device which is connected to same C80 router and still the problem persists. Its almost impossible to continue using this router with this big issue.

Any thoughts on whats going on ? 

I am using an iphone 11 Pro , I have tried with Samsung M31 and fw other phones and problem persists.  

Options
6 Reply
Re:Voip Call disconnects | Originating from TP link to TP link
2021-04-06 09:07:40

@Akhr 

Does this mean you can make the WhatsApp/ Telegram / Signal call to others when your phone is using the 4G mobile data? Is the phone connected to the 5G or 2.4G network?

Try to connect the phone to the Guest Network, then check again if you can make a signal call successfully.

Have you tested this also by connecting the phone to another Wi-Fi network, can you make a signal call properly?

Options
2021-04-06 12:35:55

@Kevin_Z exactly.. most curious part is call failure happens only when the receiving party is also connected to a TP link router. , one of us switch to 4G and then make the call , it works like a charm. 

Options
2021-04-06 12:38:01
Yes, I also have 2 broadband connection at home. Both have different service providers and diff make of router. Other one is huawei router and works perfectly fine. Only issue with the TP link. I have tried connecting to guest network, separately to 2.4 and 5Ghz . Issue still persists.
Options
2021-04-07 01:44:17

@Akhr 

Interesting. Have you tried to reset the C80 to factory defaults, then reconfigure it to connect to the network, leave all the other settings by default, will it make a difference?

To locate this issue and try to fix it, we would like to follow up on your case via email. Please check your inbox and provide the information that we need.

Options
2021-04-07 13:19:52

@Kevin_Z yes !! A number of times, I can reproduce the issue on will :) . I have 2 routers installed at 2 different homes in 2 parts of the city with 2 different service providers exhibiting the same behavior. 

That's why i strongly believe this is a bug in the product. 

Dont know what next to do either. Cant keep this router and cant return it as window is already passed :( 

Options
2021-04-08 02:10:30

@Akhr 

Don't worry, the engineers will try to provide you a solution. Please keep in touch with them via email.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 714

Replies: 6