Can't access my local network devices

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-05 16:38:21 - last edited 2021-04-07 01:58:15
Model: Archer C58HP  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.0.1

Hello. 

I've configured my Archer C58 and when I try to connect from my phone to my computer from safari through my computer's local ip it just cant be accessed.

I can communicate between every device connected on my network, but my computer is not accessible.

The computer is wired connected, phone obviously wireless.

the computer is the only device wired connected. How can I access my computer? Is there some kind of configuration that's not allowing my local connection?

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Can't access my local network devices-Solution
2021-04-06 18:00:28 - last edited 2021-04-07 01:58:15

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Yes, everything works fine. Apparently it's my windows defender firewall because when I turn it off I can access my local servers hosted on my PC. How can I allow local network devices to be able to connect my computer without deactivating my windows defender firewall?

Recommended Solution
Options
4 Reply
Re:Can't access my local network devices
2021-04-06 03:01:04

@Emiliano_ 

Does the computer connect to the internet fine? What is the IP address on it? Ensure it obtains the IP address automatically from the router. Try to ping that IP address from the phone, show us the result.

Meanwhile, please check if there is any firewall or anti-virus application on the computer which may block the access.

Please share the access denied screenshot when you try to access the computer from the phone.

Options
Re:Can't access my local network devices-Solution
2021-04-06 18:00:28 - last edited 2021-04-07 01:58:15

Hi @Kevin_Z 

Yes, everything works fine. Apparently it's my windows defender firewall because when I turn it off I can access my local servers hosted on my PC. How can I allow local network devices to be able to connect my computer without deactivating my windows defender firewall?

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-04-07 01:24:22

@Emiliano_ 

Try to change the network type on the Windows PC to private, then confirm:

https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/make-a-wi-fi-network-public-or-private-in-windows-10-0460117d-8d3e-a7ac-f003-7a0da607448d

Options
2021-04-07 01:37:12

@Kevin_Z 

It's wired connected to the router and already set up as private but the firewall is still blocking the connections. Never mind, clearly its my pc configuration.

Thanks for replying.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 1636

Replies: 4

Related Articles