Wifi Connection problem with Deco M4 Devices (triple pack)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-05 21:28:49
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 Build 20200918 Rel.74289

Hello Everyone,

I bought TP-Link Deco M4 Device (3 devices) and i'm using them with router mode. I've some of problems with them. First of all i'm so sorry for my bad english :) My problems;

1. I have Cat6 network cable at all rooms and connected to the ISP router modem. That's why my deco m4 devices connected via cable to the isp modem. Problem is that, if 3 devices connected via cable, wifi connectios has been disconnecting continuous. if i unplug the network cable from one devices it's ok (2 devices connected via cable + 1 device connected wifi) What can be problem? I'm using with router mode. I want to use all devices via network cable but for now it's not possible for me with 3 devices. 

2. If i try to use them via "Access point  mode" my clients can not get an ip address from deco devices. I see 169.... ip adress on the clients. Some times can get ip and lost again a few second later. My main isp modem can not use via bridge mode. Normally my connected devices should get an ip from my isp modem? Why deco devices can not as access point without problems? I can use as router mode but access point mode can not work for me.

Options
4 Reply
Re:Wifi Connection problem with Deco M4 Devices (triple pack)
2021-04-06 01:53:30

@GroupPolicy 

Hi, could you please help me check the following information:

1. Can I have a picture of your network topology?

2.May I know who is your internet service provider and what is the model number of the ISP modem router?

--if there is any network switch, please also tell me the model number of the switch;

3.When the Deco is on the access point mode and devices failed to obtain the IP address, what is the color of the LED light on the Deco?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-06 17:32:08 - last edited 2021-04-06 17:33:41

@TP-Link 

Hi,

I added the picture for my topology. My ISP Router/Modem using 192.168.1.1 ip range and DHPC is active. By the way i dont use any network switch, all cable from Modem Ports. When connection/ping is lost, i checked devices led, i see white and stabil color. No any red/yellow 

Options
2021-04-06 17:38:30

By the way, if i use as Access point mode, when connection is lost i see red color. But with router mode i can not see any anormal color on devices but still connection/ping has been lost

Options
2021-04-07 01:16:38

@TP-Link 

Hi Again,

I solved the problem. I connected a cable from isp modem to main m4 deco device 1.port. And I connected another cable From main m4 deco 2.port to gigabit hub. Other devices connecting to the gigabt hub and now all deco devices connecting via cable and no any problem.I dont know also access point mode can be work without problem but at the moment i want to use as router. Current topology is this;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 624

Replies: 4

Related Articles