Advanced features when using AP mode

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-07 06:28:20
Model: Deco X60  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version:

While I like this mesh system, configuring it to work on my networks has given me some headaches. My main home I have AT&T fiber. The gateway modem is on subnet 192.168.0.x and trying to set my Deco to 192.168.1.x I kept getting messages that there was another device on that network. Playing around with the app I managed to get it to work then for some reason it defaulted to 192.168.4.x one day. Very frustrating.

At any rate, on this network I was having some issues trying to use it with the 2 subnets 192.168.0.x and 192.168.1.x so I gave up and configured the Deco X60 system to be an access point. I didn't like this initially because you cannot enable DHCP as an access point. That forced me to move all my devices onto the 192.168.0.x subnet. In addition, now I've lost DDNS capabilities as the AT&T router doesn't support it and my TPLink does not either.

Can I request that DDNS be an option when in AP mode? 

Options
4 Reply
Re:Advanced features when using AP mode
2021-04-08 07:55:43 - last edited 2021-04-09 02:04:00

@BradleyPPP 

Hi, Currently, it is not supported DDNS on the access point mode;

But as for background details about the IP range, I am curious about the reason for this issue;

Normally, Deco would only change the LAN IP address automatically when there is an IP conflict;

Deco will use the following information to detect whether there is a conflict.

LAN IP+subnet mask==WAN IP+subnet mask (It is under the IPV4 settings)

LAN IP+subnet mask==WAN DNS+ subnet mask 

You could have a check whether there is any sign of IP conflict, especially the subnet mask, normally 255.255.255.0  would be most recommended;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-08 17:04:05

@TP-Link  where is the DDNS option when in AP mode? I know it used to be under the advanced section but it is not there anymore since it's in AP mode. 

Regarding the IP address, there was not a conflict as I disabled the old router which had that address of 192.168.1.1 for years. I moved everything to the same subnet as the fiber router so no point in fixing it now. 

Options
2021-04-09 02:15:39

@BradleyPPP 

Hi, Sorry that the word' not' is missed and it is not supported DDNS under the access point since it is no longer the network gateway/NAT server;

Would it be possible to replace the AT&T router with Deco X60 directly and leave the Deco as the only wireless router?

Thank you.

Options
2021-04-09 03:40:41

@TP-Link there are workarounds to bypass the AT&T fiber gateway but AT&T has been making changes so that you cannot bypass. When they make changes your network will go down and I don't want to have my network go down when I cannot easily fix it so the best solution is to use the Deco as an AP. My other routers have a DDNS client enabled in AP mode so I wanted to make it a request for TPLINK. DDNS is a useful feature for an AP and a router. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 4

Related Articles