Unable to find/connect Laptop to a Wireless Display (Smart TV)

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-08 10:33:51
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.4 Build 20200921 Rel. 34199

Hi, I have all my devices (including Smart TVs) connected to the Deco E4 Mesh network. Internet speed is very good, but whenever I try to connect my laptop to the Smart TV as a wireless display, it has a hard time finding the TV device (most of the time it is not able to detect), and when I am able to connect, it often disconnects on its own. Anyone having the same issue?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Unable to find/connect Laptop to a Wireless Display (Smart TV)
2021-04-09 07:42:24

@Kervs 

Hi,

Did both the TV and laptop connect to the same Deco node?

And did they both connect to Deco via wifi or one wireless connection, the other ethernet connection?

Please refer to the following suggestion to have a look:

1. turn off the Mesh technology of the laptop and smart TV on the Deco APP;

2. please log into http://tplinkdeco.net and go to advanced>system parameters>enable the IGMP

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-09 11:25:19
Hi, I did both suggestions, this laptop still is unable to find the Smart TV. I'm not sure if this is the issue of the laptop, because I tried wireless display in another laptop within the same Deco network and it works. I'm not sure if I had disable something in this laptop or something, but I also tried connecting this laptop and the smart tv to another standalone wireless router and it detects the TV and wireless display is working fine. Note: Both the this laptop and the Smart TV is connected to the same DECO E4 network and same device actually.
Options
2021-04-09 13:37:58 - last edited 2021-04-09 13:40:39

Hi again, I think I was able to find the issue, my laptop is a bit old and is only able to connect to 2.4GHZ, while the Smart TV is connected to 5GHZ. Since you cannot force the device to connect to which Band, I tried turning off the 5GHZ and all devices are now connected to the 2.4GHZ band and the laptop is now able to detect the Smart TV. The only issue now is that the wireless display connection constantly disconnects and I need to constantly reconnect.

Options
2021-04-11 12:37:54
Also solved the disconnection issue, I just disabled the mesh technology in the Smart TV via the Deco App. Thanks for the inputs.
Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 821

Replies: 4