configuration advice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

configuration advice

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
configuration advice
configuration advice
2021-04-08 14:58:52
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, my wifi configuration now is ISP router in bridge mode > tp-link archer c-2300 router mode with 2  tl-wa850RE on the main router guest network. I want to upgrade just guest part of my wifi with deco m5.

What I want to do is to continue using my c-2300 wifi in my apartment on the 3rd floor of my house, connect c-2300 with LAN cable with deco m5 on the 2nd floor and create separate wifi mesh network with 3 x deco m5 for 2nd and 1st floor.  My question is can I and how, configure isolated mesh network with deco m5 (use LAN connection just for internet access)?

I hope my explanation is clear enough, english is not my native language.

Thanks

Options
2 Reply
Re:configuration advice
2021-04-09 02:33:42

@ru-fo 

Hi, could you please help me confirm some details:

As for the separated network, did you have some requirements about this separated network, such as the devices from different networks are not able to access each other or a different network SSID and password?

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:configuration advice
2021-04-09 08:40:01

@TP-Link 

both, as that separated network is for tourists in my apartments.

thx

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 428

Replies: 2

Related Articles