Sanity Check - Could a Malfunctioning Deco Cause a Router to Drop Internet Connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Sanity Check - Could a Malfunctioning Deco Cause a Router to Drop Internet Connection?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-10 12:13:14
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version: V3
Firmware Version:

Hi Everyone, 

I wonder if anyone has any insight into a problem we are having? 

Our router keeps disconnecting from the internet. Sometimes a restart of the router, modem and decos gets it going again and sometimes we have to just give it time. We had an engineer come out who tested the line and replaced the router and modem but the problem still continues. 

The only constant throughout these issues is the decos so, as an experiment, we completely disconnected them from the network and we have now had a constant connection for about 15 hours now. 

This has puzzled me as I really cannot see how a malfunctioning deco could cause the router to completely lose incoming Internet connection.

Has anyone got any thoughts on this? 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Sanity Check - Could a Malfunctioning Deco Cause a Router to Drop Internet Connection?
2021-04-15 07:18:08

@Steve_123 

Hi, May I know who is your internet service provider and what are the model numbers of your ISP modem as well as the router?

Can I have a picture of your previous topology when the Deco was connected to the ISP router?

And did Deco M5 work on the access point mode or wireless router mode?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 332

Replies: 1

Related Articles