VR2600 Disconnects and hangs when uploading large files to USB Disk

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-10 15:29:38

Hello,

I'm having the problem in the subject header. I've read through the older posts having similar problems, however either the problem isn't the same as mine, or the suggested solution isn't applicable for me.

I have a Seagate Back-up Plus 5TB drive attached to the USB 3.0 port of VR2600. I use it as a back-up image drive as well as a local media storage.

I've uploaded files well over 10GB's and it was working perfectly until last week. Now when i try to upload any file around a GB, the transfer halts, the connection drops, and I can't connect again from any device unless I reset the modem. There are no problems when I run a speedtest through ookla, nor are there any problems when uploading to the internet. I can use wetransfer just fine, although my upload speed is around 4-5 Mbit's so that might be limiting the upload an preventing an overload.

I have the latest firmware available. Enabling Qos and disabling DDoS protection were suggested to other people facing similar problems, but I do not have them in my router settings.

Any help is appreciated as I'd hate to use this modem as a paperweight.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 317

Replies: 0