Deco M5 network can no longer be optimized after 1.5.3 update

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-11 14:30:32 - last edited 2021-04-11 21:31:27
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.5.3

Since the update to firmware 1.5.2, I began encountering a lot of slowdowns and the Deco app would detect a lot of network congestion. I was running the Network Optimization through the app every two to five days. But at least it fixed things.

Now since updating to 1.5.3, the network has bogged down, but running the Network Optimization gets a network status of "Perfect." It is clearly not perfect, everything is clearly very screwed, and so far the only option that has worked as been rebuilding the entire network by restore. That's time consuming, and annoying, especially when you have smart devices that need to be re-added. I've since turned an old Mac mini into a wireless router using internet sharing, because, and this is true, I'm getting reasonable network speeds that my three Deco setup can't maintain. 

Anyone have a copy of firmware 1.5.3 I can downgrade to, or as had a similar problem but managed to solve it?

Options
2 Reply
Re:Deco M5 network can no longer be optimized after 1.5.3 update
2021-04-12 03:31:57

@Colson 

Hi, 

You could try to downgrade the firmware 1.5.3 back to 1.5.1 via the web interface: http://tplinkdeco.net

https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202011/20201111/Deco_M5_V1_V2_V3_20201022.zip 

And if you would like to spend more time, we also wish to get some feedback about the new firmware 1.5.3;

What is the exact issue on the devices after you updated the firmware, like an unstable connection?

Would any Deco blink red after the firmware upgrade?

It would be highly appreciated that you could provide us more details about this issue;

Thank you very much.

Options
Re:Deco M5 network can no longer be optimized after 1.5.3 update
2021-04-15 22:43:58 - last edited 2021-04-17 20:37:39

@TP-Link 

No indicator lights post update to 1.5.3, shows green on all three decos. But the network speed has just dropped dramatically. Internet speeds test the same using the deco app, but my media server on the network takes much longer to load, when it loads, video quality on services like Apple Fitnes+ is severely degraded and sometimes fails entirely. And my smart devices lose connection often. 

I finally have a moment to roll back the firmware, so I'm going to do that now and see how things go. 

Update: Since downgrading to 1.5.1, I can now run the network optimization again (it shows the network as being congested), and it appears to fix it. I won't know if the network gets repeatedly congested for a day or two, but I'll update when I know.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 772

Replies: 2

Related Articles