data packets are being lost at the first hop for all traced sites

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-11 16:25:06
Model: Archer A2  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

Hello,

I have problem with connecting to one aplication (pokerstars). Aplication stopped working on every device which is connected on my WiFi (PC,Notebook,Mobile....its still trying to connect and after few minutes i get error:can not connect to the servers) when i use mobile data by hotspot, everything works fine. I try to many things wich pokerstars support told me, nothing helped. On the last email(i send them some logs and reports from my PC) from pokerstars support was : 

The Network Status Report (NSR) you provided shows data packets are being lost at the first hop for all traced sites.

Hop #1 belongs to your router, which means that it may be blocking our software from connecting properly as sometimes the default firewall that routers have can interfere with our software's connection. Most routers are fine pieces of equipment but sometimes they need to be updated and configured for online gaming software.

Set the trigger (automatic port forwarding) for the following ports: 26002, 443 and 22.

Using a web browser, bring up your router's configuration page. By default, the URL is 192.168.0.1 (or similar), the user name is 'admin', and the password is blank. You should find this information on the printed sticker on the router or in the user manual. Once you have accessed the router configuration page, follow these instructions as a guideline (exact instructions may vary depending on your router model), go to:

Advanced tab → Applications → Enable

After 'Name', enter the name of our software (or anything you wish to label this setting) and fill in the fields as follows:

• Trigger Port → 26002
  • Trigger Type → TCP
  • Public Port → 26002
  • Public Type → TCP

I did everything what they write and still nothing change.

Btw. 2 days ago everything works fine, and i dont change nothing in my router settings, this issue come from nowhere.

I have Archer C6 

Options
5 Reply
Re:data packets are being lost at the first hop for all traced sites
2021-04-12 07:14:40 - last edited 2021-04-12 07:14:53

@Jakub1606 

Can we have a screenshot of the WAN status page of the C6? Try to change the DNS servers on it to something else, like 8.8.8.8 and 8.8.4.4, then reboot the router and the laptop/notbook to confirm.

Options
2021-04-12 14:40:35

@Kevin_Z 

i cant find where i can change my DNS

Options
2021-04-13 01:58:11

@Jakub1606 

You can change the DNS servers on the Advanced >> Network >> Internet page.

Just to confirm, have you ever tested by connecting one of the laptops to the ISP modem directly to check if you can connect to the pokerstars server? If you can not connect to the pokerstars application neither when connected to the ISP modem directly bypassing the C6 router, you will need to check if there is any limitation on their side.

Options
2021-04-13 16:48:57

@Kevin_Z 

I cant change DNS andress on there, i can only release or renew.

I try to connect ethernet cable directly to my laptop, internet works fine, but with application same problem, so i have phonecall with my internet provider, i send them tracert login and they told me there is no problem on their side, but on pokerstars side.But i tracert adress www.pokerstars.com, and this adress on web browser works fine, there is problem only with application, so i contact pokerstars to told me adress to application which i can tracert

Options
2021-04-14 01:49:07

@Jakub1606 

Got it. If there is no way to connect to the application when connecting the computer directly to the modem, then we can do nothing on the router for it. Please discuss this with the pokerstars side/support first, then feel free to let us know if you need to change anything setting on the router.

Options