Vlan ports on satellite deco units. M5 ok but what others?

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-11 17:37:50
Model: Deco P7  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Hi, i m trying to setup my isp tvbox on a sattelite déco (not the main one connected to the isp router). It requires vlan tagging, which IS available on my 3 deco P7, but only on the main unit, not on the satellites. 

According to the doc, this feature is available on the M5 and other (unspecified) models.

So question:

1. When will it be available on the P7?

2. Which other models currently support assigning a satellite port to a vlan? M9 I guess? Others?

3. Can I mix and match one m9 and 3 P7 and get the m9 as satellite to fix this vlan port

#freebox #france #keep-the-deco-love-alive

Options
5 Reply
Re:Vlan ports on satellite deco units. M5 ok but what others?
2021-04-12 06:34:29

@PatriceB 

Hi, There is no exact date about the firmware on Deco P7 and it is recommended to keep attention to the official website;

Currently, Deco M5, Deco M9 plus as well as Deco X60, Deco X20 with firmware 1.5.x support manually selecting IPTV port on satellite Deco.

As for the last issue, 

3 Can I mix and match one m9 and 3 P7 and get the m9 as a satellite to fix this vlan port?

No, the satellite Deco would not support IPTV anymore since the main Deco does not;

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-07-06 15:23:34

Hi @TP-Link , any new supported models ?

Maybe the P9?

Options
2021-07-07 02:51:48

@PatriceB 

Hi, recently, Deco M4 and E4 has released the firmware 1.5.0 which also supports IPTV VLAN on the satellite Deco units;

Deco P9 is still not available yet;

Options
2021-07-10 19:13:18

@TP-Link Thx.

If i buy 2 M4, can I connect the first to the ISP router and the second to my tv box (the one which requires lan-id), even if connection has to go through my p7 ?

Like :

Router -- m4 -- p7 -- p7 -- m4 -- tv box

Options
2021-07-12 08:56:37

@PatriceB 

Hi

For the 2nd Deco M4, I am afraid the signal source needs to stay on the main Deco M4, not going through Deco P7;

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 532

Replies: 5