Archer C6 Hardware version 2. The 2G connections gets dropped all of sudden

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-12 06:26:07 - last edited 2021-04-28 08:32:40
Model: Archer C6  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591

I am having Archer C6 harware version 2 with 1.3.6 Build 20200902 rel.65591 firmware. All of sudden 2G connections gets dropped but 5G connections works fine. I tried to change the badwidth & channel for 2G but that didn't solve the issue. I had to restart the router everytime the problem occurs. Please help in fixing the issue

Options
1 Accepted Solution
Re:Archer C6 Hardware version 2. The 2G connections gets dropped all of sudden-Solution
2021-04-15 05:56:48 - last edited 2021-04-28 08:32:40

@Kevin_Z  I have disabled One mesh & NAT boost 2 days back & everything looks good until now. Will report out the progress after some more days of testing. Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
8 Reply
Re:Archer C6 Hardware version 2. The 2G connections gets dropped all of sudden
2021-04-12 08:43:11

@AnilCH 

Hi, there's a beta firmware for your device targeted to solve some Wi-Fi issues. You can give it a try and see if it helps. You can always revert to the latest official FW if beta doesn't help.

Refer to this thread for downloading the FW:

https://community.tp-link.com/en/home/forum/topic/207232

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-13 06:16:51 - last edited 2021-04-13 06:17:22

@Kevin_Z Thanks for your reply. I tried this https://static.tp-link.com/2020/202010/20201030/ArcherC6v2_eu-up-ver1-3-6-P1[20201030-rel60104].zip update but that didn't solve the issue. Again the connections on 2G are getting dropped

Options
2021-04-13 06:23:39

@AnilCH 

After installing the beta firmware we provided, did you disable the Onemesh feature on the router? If not yet, please give it a go, then monitor again.

Just to confirm, do you mean the 2.4G network is not stable, and it just disappears? What are the devices connected to the 2.4G network? When it disconnects, can any device 'see' it? Have you tried to reset the router to factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch to confirm?

Try to enable the 2.4G guest network, connect these devices to it, then monitor if it is stable.

Try to disable the NAT boost on the C6, you can find it under Advanced >> System Tools >> System Parameters:

Nice to Meet You in Our TP-Link Community. Check Out the Latest Posts: Connect TP-Link Archer BE550 to Germany's DS-Lite (Dual Stack Lite) Internet via WAN Archer GE550 - BE9300 Tri-Band Wi-Fi 7 Gaming Router EasyMesh Is Available When Wi-Fi Routers Work in AP Mode as A Controller. Archer BE550 New Software Enhances System Stability and Optimizes MLO Network Stability. If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-04-13 07:24:31

@Kevin_Z  No didn't disable onemesh. I will try that & also disable NAT boost & will report back on findings. Around 10 devices are using 2G & all are smart devices. So basically i cannot see whats happening at smart device end so when the issue occurs , I used to login in to tplink page & see that there is not connected clients on 2G. I used to re-enable 2G band & all connections will come back alive.

Options
2021-04-14 01:18:17

@AnilCH 

Thanks. Please report back if there is any improvement by disabling Onemesh as well as the NAT boost.

Options
Re:Archer C6 Hardware version 2. The 2G connections gets dropped all of sudden-Solution
2021-04-15 05:56:48 - last edited 2021-04-28 08:32:40

@Kevin_Z  I have disabled One mesh & NAT boost 2 days back & everything looks good until now. Will report out the progress after some more days of testing. Thank you.

Recommended Solution
Options
2021-06-09 12:11:56

@Kevin_Z  Hi Kevin. After disabling NAT boost & One mesh. Things got resolved now. I have been using more than month & all looks good. Thank you for the support.

Options
2021-06-09 12:29:05

@AnilCH 

Great.yes Enjoy the internet.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 692

Replies: 8

Related Articles