Choosing WiFi Adapter For Desktop PC

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-12 11:15:58 - last edited 2021-04-12 11:17:19

Hello, 

I have a question about choosing the right product for two of my desktop PCs. All suggestions and recommendations are welcomed. Thank you all in advance!

So, I have optical internet speeds DL: 500 Mbits and UL: 250 Mbits. I need to have my ISP router but I also have 4 Deco M4R units spread across my house and patio to get good reception and good internet speeds. Since my internet connection is a bit faster, I am looking now for a USB (or PCI but USB preferred) WiFi Adapter. However, I would like some adapter where I could use my internet speed. I do understand that WiFi connections are usually slower than direct cable connections because of interference, signal strength, and so on. However, I tried with few poor adapters and my speed was really awful.

Can you recommend to me some product that would go nicely with my Deco M4R units and where I could fully use my internet connection? As I said, I know that direct cable connection is the best option for desktop, however, I am moving my office to the part of the house that is freshly renovated but doesn't have UTP cables so there is no way to get ethernet in that room.

Thanks!

Edited: Misspelling 

Options
1 Reply
Re:Choosing WiFi Adapter For Desktop PC
2021-04-26 07:37:43

@Kajo_CRO Good day, 

Please confirm your mobile phone could get strong signal & good speed from Deco Wi-Fi first. 

You could check if model Archer T3U/Archer T4U wireless adapters are available in your country. 

Both adapters have similar wireless link speed with Deco M4 and could utilize the speed of Deco system: 

• Selectable dual 2.4 GHz (400 Mbps) and 5 GHz (867 Mbps) bands
  • * wireless link speed , real speed is 30-60% of the link speed and limited by router's real speed

https://www.tp-link.com/home-networking/adapter/?filterby=4798%7C5257%7C4823
https://www.tp-link.com/search/?q=T4U%20&t=

Hope this could help. 

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 359

Replies: 1