M9 Plus Decos disconnect from other Decos while main Deco works

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-12 12:03:16
Model: Deco M9 Plus  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: 1.51.1

My Decos have recently started acting up. I have my main Deco connected to my modem. I noticed my two other Decos upstairs show a "Disconnected from other Decos" so I reset them, readded them to my network and updated their firmware (all are now 1.51.1). The Decos upstairs stay connected for maybe 3-5 min after which they just disconnect and won't reconnect back.

Any ideas?

Options
4 Reply
Re:M9 Plus Decos disconnect from other Decos while main Deco works
2021-04-13 03:51:26

@Vess 

Hi, Would two satellite Decos blink red when they are disconnected?

Would rebooting temporarily restore the connection?

If placing next to the main deco, would the same issue continue?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-18 19:05:59 - last edited 2021-04-18 19:06:12

@TP-Link this got resolved on its own. I had to reset and reboot the Decos 3 times but after the 3rd try they just started working. Now been stable since I posted the original message. The lights were not red. The Decos just dropped off for some reason.

I will circle back should the problem reappear.

Options
2021-04-18 21:13:12

@TP-Link 

Same problem, one of my satellite keeps disconnecting. First it started blinking red. I moved it closer to main unit. It is now 5m away with just a wall in between and keeps disconnecting. After reboot it connects again, but then after some hours it is offline, although the light stays green. Tried resetting. Latest firmware 1.5.3 updated. 

Options
2021-04-19 02:55:13

@Peter.R 

Hi,

I noticed that you are on the latest firmware 1.5.3.

Did the unstable issue start just after the firmware upgrade?

When the satellite Deco stays green, how did you notice it was offline? Because it displayed offline on the APP, or the device connected to it got no internet service?

Have you tried to swap the location of this satellite Deco with other Decos to see whether this one already had the issue?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 552

Replies: 4

Related Articles