Cabled network problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

Cabled network problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
Cabled network problems
Cabled network problems
2021-04-13 20:05:21
Model: Deco M5  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version: latest

I had a network consisting of a Ziggo modem with an Archer C7 attached to it. The Archer had on its port a PC and an Synology NAS.

After introducing a M5 after the Ziggo Modem and reconfiguring the C7 as switch (No WIFI, no DNLS) I cannot use the PC wired. It functions flawless thru WIFI, the access to the NAS is also WIFI.

On my laptop I havre internet but no access to the NAS.

Everything functions under W10

What did I do wrong?

Options
4 Reply
Re:Cabled network problems
2021-04-14 03:32:11

@Jan_Schrik 

Hi,

Is your network map like this:

Ziggo Modem---main Deco M5----C7(AP mode with Wi-Fi/DHCP off)---<cable>-----Windows10 PC+ NAS(wired to the C7)

The current issue is:

Wireless clients are all able to access the NAS; While the windows PC could get internet but not able to access NAS?

If yes, could you please help me check the following information:

1. What are the hardware as well as the firmware version of the C7?
  2. Are you able to ping the IP address of the NAS on the PC---can I have some pictures?

Thank you very much and wait for your reply.

Options
2021-04-14 09:51:32

@Jan_Schrik 

This is how my PC sees the network

The laptop is lacking the NAS and the DS apps on mij Ipad also cannot find the IP of the NAS

Options
2021-04-15 03:46:53

@Jan_Schrik 

Hi, if unplugging the C7, connecting the NAS to the second Ethernet port of main Deco,  connecting the laptop to the Ethernet port of the satellite Deco(or the wireless network of Deco);

Would both PC and iPad be able to access the NAS?

Thank you very much.

Options
2021-04-15 08:29:35

@TP-Link That workswink I t only lacks the cabled 1000Mbit connection to the PC.

Thank you

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 406

Replies: 4

Related Articles