Deco app device list constantly growing but no new devices are connect

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-13 20:55:11
Model: Deco M4  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.4.3 build 20200918 rel.47959

So in the deco  android app (v.2.6.2) my device list is constantly growing due to devices leaving the network coverage area then when they come back in range and reconect instead of using the same entry on the device list its creating a new one most of the time as an unknown device. Naming the device something like "my phone" seems to keep it from doing this everytime but eventually it will create a new entry instead of using the one i named my phone. It makes it a bit difficult to give the device you want priority when theres multiple devices named unknown device.

Options
1 Reply
Re:Deco app device list constantly growing but no new devices are connect
2021-04-14 09:13:14 - last edited 2021-04-14 10:06:51

@Storycoolbro 

Hi,

Have you checked whether all your mobile devices have the same issue?

Normally, if just disconnecting and reconnecting, it would update the device status on the same entry;

Sometimes, if the devices with a private MAC address enabled, when it is disconnected, I connect it again with private MAC address disabled then it would generate a new entry;

So would you adjust something on the device before reconnecting which might make the MAC address changed?

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 538

Replies: 1