Deco 9 and powerline adapters

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-14 12:40:34 - last edited 2021-04-14 12:42:02
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V1
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Sorry if this is a stupid question, but, can a Deco 9 replace the job of an existing powerliine adapter, and communicate with other powerliine adapter on the network?

Can I plug my main P9 in to the wall, attach it to my router via ethernet, and then have a receive a wired connection from existing powerliine adapters around the house?

The models of adapters I am currently using are 2 x TL-PA4020P, and a TL-PA4010P.

Options
3 Reply
Re:Deco 9 and powerline adapters
2021-04-14 21:39:26

Hi @Jonesy127 

The p9 (assuming you have several units) can replace your existing power line units, but they won't work with your existing ones , except if they were Deco models too

Options
2021-04-27 09:27:01

@PatriceB Please can you advise on what is the correct connections when using a fibre broadband wireless router, powerline adapters and 3 x Deco P9s?

Should a powerline adapter be connected to the Main Deco via ethernet, and then the Main Deco connected to the router via ethernet?

Would modes should the modem and main Deco be in?

Options
2021-04-28 06:41:22

@Jonesy127 

Hi, 

Were your powerline adapters also TP-Link?

the recommended connection would be like:

ISP modem/router---<cable>--main Deco P9---<Wi-Fi>other satellite Deco P9 units

\-----<cable>--master powerline adapter~~~~~extended powerline adapter;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 451

Replies: 3

Related Articles