DECO E4 problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO E4 problems

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
DECO E4 problems
DECO E4 problems
2021-04-14 20:25:44
Model: Deco E4  
Hardware Version:
Firmware Version:

Evening all, so glad I could join the group.

I have a AC 1200 DECO E4 (x2) 

1st I still have dead zones in my house. 

2nd Is this product a modem or a router?

If a modem then I definitely have a problem ... When I connect my Fibre Modem unit which is mounted against the wall and connect it to the DECO I don't receive any connection to internet and the light is a constant Red. The second DECO has flashing red light. Any help please.

Options
2 Reply
Re:DECO E4 problems
2021-04-15 00:06:18

@Angelo007 

Bro,

The Deco E4 includes identical units; each is a router with two network ports. When used together, two units automatically work as range extenders or access points.

You need to connect your 1° Deco with cable at to your ISP (modem) configure that first with your app, after that continue with the others deco in otherside from your home.

OK = MODEN --- DECO1 ------ DECO2

NOK= DISCONNECT FIBER CABLE FROM MODEM --- CONNECT TO DECO1 ----- DECO2 (Wrong setup)

Regards

lrauseo 

Options
Re:DECO E4 problems
2021-04-15 01:31:41

@Angelo007 

Hi, As for the Wi-Fi dead zone, you could add 1 or 2 Deco E4 to extend the Wi-Fi coverage as well;

For the internet issue, please check the following information:

1. Deco would work as a wireless router;

2. Please make sure that you have chosen the correct connection type, such as dynamic IP or PPPoE;

Thank you.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 556

Replies: 2

Related Articles