DECO P9 Pack 3 - Connection with P9 with ethernet cable would lose after about 30 seconds on a iMac

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.

DECO P9 Pack 3 - Connection with P9 with ethernet cable would lose after about 30 seconds on a iMac

This thread has been locked for further replies. You can start a new thread to share your ideas or ask questions.
2021-04-15 13:14:00 - last edited 2021-04-15 13:15:03
Model: Deco P9  
Hardware Version: V2
Firmware Version: 1.1.3

Hello everyone,

I recently bought a DECO P9 - 3-pack and connected it at home to the router of the internet service provider (NOS - portuguese provider).

I managed to configure all the Decos and in terms of wi-fi it works quite well and the signal extension is quite good.

However, there's something strange going on...
whenever I try to connect my iMac late 2019 to the DEco by ethernet cable, the DEco can establish the connection and assign an ip, but unfortunately it's only stable for little more than 30 seconds. After that the ip changes to a completely different range, the gateway becomes 255.255.255.0.0
After this moment, I have no internet access and no connection to the DECO network.
But if I connect via wi-fi, it works fine.

I've tried various configurations and I still can't find the problem or a solution. Has anyone had a similar problem?

Thanks for your help,
Bruno

Options
1 Reply
Re:DECO P9 Pack 3 - Connection with P9 with ethernet cable would lose after about 30 seconds on a iMac
2021-04-26 05:56:18

@bcirilo 

Hi, for the stranger IP address on the iMAC, was it 169.254.xxx.xxx?

Have you tried to change a new cable to have a look?

And would it happen to a specific Deco or no matter which Deco it is connected to?

If possible, please test the same port with another wired device to check whether the issue continues;

Thank you very much.

Options

Information

Helpful: 0

Views: 335

Replies: 1

Related Articles