[New Firmware] Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000

[New Firmware] Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000

217 Reply
Re:[New Firmware] Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000
2021-06-25 08:57:51

@xokia 

Hi, have you tried my previous suggestions to run a Wi-Fi analyzer to find a clearer 2.4G wireless channel? Just to confirm, have you ever updated to the previous beta Onemesh firmware we provided on the community, was the 2.4G connection stable?

How many 2.4G devices connected to the AX11000 network most of the time? Except for the Amazon Echo devices, how about other 2.4G client devices, are they stable? How about 5G connection?

You can try to reset the router to factory defaults, then reconfigure it from scratch to see if the connection will be stable after that.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-25 13:44:40

@Kevin_Z 

Hi, have you had a chance to reset and reconfigure the router? If that doesn't help, we would like to investigate the issue further via email, please check and respond, thanks

No, I setup a home CCT (lol) to do so this weekend. In the meantime I disabled QOS and OpenMesh and this a drastically reduced the occurrences of this issue.  

Options
Re:New Firmware Update---Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000
2021-06-25 17:29:59

@Kevin_Z 

Thank you.

Support team did reach me. They had an even more interesting observation. For the non-compliant devices, (which in this case Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra and Samsung Galaxy S8) would they support wifi protocol IEEE 802.11ax on 2.4G and 5G. Apparently, Samsung Galaxy S8 doesn't as it is on AC protocol. As with Samsung Galaxy S21 Ultra, we do not have a clear solution path since device manufacturer (Samsung) may be needed to troubleshoot the issue.

In the broad spectrum of things, it will be challenging to loop in Samsung into this mix. Based on my previous conversation with support engineers at TP-Link during my troubleshooting of AX11000 speed issues, have noticed that they are very confident the product works extremely well with Apple devices as they may have done extensive tests with those devices. Unfortunately, there are few like me who are probably a minority and living out of Apple eco system.

Options
2021-06-25 18:43:27 - last edited 2021-06-25 22:01:21

@Kevin_Z 

yes I previously updated to the Beta firmware. I did not have issues with 2.4Ghz with beta firmware. I probably have 30 or so 2.4Ghz devices. When Amazon echo devices have a network issue they notify you. My other devices do not notify me so I don't know if other devices have issues. I use 2.4Ghz for all devices that do not need high bandwidth. 5.8Ghz I have about another 37 devices. No issues at all on 5.8Ghz. I don't have the time to mess with unstable network issues. I'll sit this one out.

Yes I have scanned my network channels and I'm on the least congested channel for 2.4Ghz.

I moved back to the prior FW and no longer have an issue. I don't intend to update the FW to this mesh enabled FW anytime soon. 

Options
Re:New Firmware Update---Onemesh firmware for Archer AX11000
2021-06-28 02:13:58

@agfa 

Thanks a lot for the valued observation. I think the support engineers would like to work with you to look into this issue, you may check the email later.

If you found a post or response helpful, please click Helpful (arrow pointing upward icon). If you are the author of a topic, remember to mark a helpful reply as the "Recommended Solution" (star icon) so that others can benefit from it.
Options
2021-06-28 02:18:49

@xokia 

Got you. So can we confirm the current firmware version on the AX11000 now? We will push the developers to test and confirm.

Options
2021-06-28 16:33:57

I have been having issues with this new firmware.

My phone (iPhone 12 Pro) keeps intermittently losing its connectivity and I have to toggle WiFi to fix it which only helps for a short period of time. I also noticed that I could no longer print to my wireless printer (HP M255dw) but I was able to make that work for now by forcing it to use 2.4GHz instead of dual band. Even if I selected 5GHz only it wouldn't connect or work. One thing that seems to have helped my iPhone connectivity is to change from using WPA2/WPA3-Personal back to WPA/WPA2-Personal. I have WPA2-PSK selected as the Version and have AES for the encryption. I am also using Smart Connect. All of these settings were the same before the firmware update and I had no issues.

On the AX11000 web interface when I look at the clients list I am seeing the list regularly go from 22 to 6 clients, with only those 6 consistent clients showing a Duration of more than 0-2 minutes. It seems like things are constantly having to reconnect.

I have not yet reset to factory settings and re-configured, I'm skeptical that would even make a difference but I'm willing to try it soon when it's a convenient time to take my connection down for a period.

If there are logs I can provide or anything please let me know!

Options
2021-06-28 16:57:10

@Kevin_Z 

I went back to Archer AX11000(US)_V1_200716 I no longer have an issue. 

Options
2021-06-29 05:34:32

@loudawg 

Hi, are all the issue occurring after you upgrade the router firmware, and no other changes in the network? And the iPhone 12 Pro and the printer are working properly now after you made the changes for the security? Just to confirm, what do you mean by "forcing it to use 2.4GHz instead of dual band."? Is this change made on the router or on the printer itself? We have reported the issue to the support engineers, they will likely reach out to you via email to continue to troubleshoot your issue.

Options
2021-07-01 00:02:26

@Kevin_Z Yes that is correct. I only made one change after initially having the problems with the printer, and that was to enable WPA2/WPA3 security. But after I noticed the issues with my iPhone I returned it back to WPA2.

The iPhone seems to be working better, at least it's less noticeable. However the printer still must use 2.4 GHz only (configured on the printer side). I tried disabling OneMesh since I'm not using that and it didn't seem to make a difference. I also still see both wireless and wired clients disappearing and re-appearing from the clients list every couple minutes and showing 0-2 minutes of duration.

I have not yet factory reset the router and re-configured but I still intend on doing that soon when I have a safe opportunity to work on it.

Options
Related Articles